"Sopot through my eyes" Top 5 Page for this destination Sopot by Gosia78
Sopot Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 484 photos
Sopot is a small seaside resort on the Baltic Sea, between Gdansk and Gdynia, in the natural centre of the Tri-City's nearly one-million agglomeration, a place of rest and recreation, regarded as the summer capital of Poland.
All along the 4.5 km Sopot coastline there are clean and sandy beaches along which are scattered water slides, water and beach equipment rental shops, changing booths and showers. They are the venue of numerous sports and recreation events such as volleyball and beach football tournaments, happenings, shows and cross-country races
Most tourists stay here in summer when the town is bustling with activity, but if you are looking for peace and quiet you just need to turn into any side street to discover a completely different world - an intimate space of lovely apartment houses and villas surrounded by trees, old parks and gardens. More than 60% of the town is covered by green areas.
Beside the beach eateries have been built. Europe's longest wooden pier (511.5 m) juts out from Sopot beach. It is a place for strolls and festivities, but also the harbour of tourist passenger ships and water taxis and the site of numerous competitions such as the Sailing World Championship, Windsurfing Baltic Cup, Polish Cup and Sopot Triathlon.
The cafe is located in the upper part of Boh. Monte Cassino, called “in between tunnels” (you turn right behind the... more travel advice
A gallery of contemporary art where you can admire paintings, graphics, sculptures and ceramics. Established in 1990.... more travel advice
Gosia78's Related Pages
Sopot Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baltic bliss in Sopot"
- "Sopot- a pearl of the Baltic Sea"
- "Sopot through my eyes"
- "Sopot by the Sea"
- "Sopot - the most popular seaside resort in Poland"
- "SOPOT ~ chill out and fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sopot
- Hotels in Sopot
- Transportation in Sopot
- Nightlife in Sopot
- Restaurants in Sopot
- Shopping in Sopot
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sopot
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sopot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sopot
Photos in SopotSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sozopol Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Lausanne Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sopot Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Lancut Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Przemysl Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Mazury 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wojewodztwo Podlaskie Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krasiczyn Intro, 1 review, 2 photos