"This England" Top 5 Page for this destination England by toonsarah
England Travel Guide: 64,095 reviews and 147,207 photos
Some of the tips will be "borrowed" from my other pages, but I hope you'll forgive me for that. I hope it will be helpful for travellers to these shores to learn more about "expected" behaviours here; whether you then choose to copy them or, as I would probably advise, to be considerate of them but to remain yourself, is up to you - but at least from my tips you may have some idea what to expect.
I have also included a brief overview of the the highlights of each of the nine English regions, which I hope may help you plan a trip to this country.
And if you are looking for more detailed information about destinations in England, I can offer pages about just a few of them:
London: I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the city of my birth, but definitely more love than hate
Ealing: the small London suburb where I live may give you a flavour of a typical English residential area, though it has relatively little to offer tourists
Newcastle: this could be considered my other "adopted" home city, although in truth I have never lived here - but my husband is from here, I have spent a lot of happy times here, and my beloved football team is from here!
Bath, a lovely Georgian city only a couple of hours from London, with Roman Baths, an historic Abbey, and memories of one of my favourite English authors, Jane Austen
East Sussex: we have friends in this lovely southern county and often visit
Gloucestershire: this is one of two small pages about the Cotswold Hills, one of my favourite English regions, and very popular with tourists
Oxfordshire: as the Cotswolds straddle two counties, so do my Cotswold tips straddle two VT pages!
Corfe Castle: this is a quintessential (in my view) English village in the underated (again in my view!) county of Dorset in south-west England
Lulworth: if you are looking for some of England's most dramatic coastal scenery this is a good place to start (also in Dorset)
Every child in England knows and loves the sound of the ice-cream van. When its jangling music rings out in the street... more travel advice
Although Yorkshire no longer exists as a single county, having been broken up into smaller authorities by local... more travel advice
- See All The English regions and local government
- See All Some very strange sports
- Travelling on public transport
toonsarah's Related Pages
England Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "England my England"
- "The Regal Lion"
- "My bit of the UK."
- "This England"
- "Enticing England"
- "England has a Little Bit of Everything"
- "England under the skin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in England
- Hotels in England
- Transportation in England
- Nightlife in England
- Restaurants in England
- Shopping in England
- Warnings and Dangers in England
- See All...
Badges & Stats in England
- 468 Reviews
- 1,301 Photos
- 212 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to England?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in England
Videos in EnglandSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 185 reviews, 512 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 107 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (173)
Top England hotels
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1741 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 178 Reviews - 352 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1631 Reviews - 3979 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 462 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 276 Reviews - 409 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 207 Photos
- Whitby Hotels
- 355 Reviews - 743 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1280 Reviews - 2297 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 766 Reviews - 1269 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 471 Reviews - 1183 Photos
- Newquay Hotels
- 139 Reviews - 274 Photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hotels
- 829 Reviews - 1629 Photos
- Brighton Hotels
- 902 Reviews - 1607 Photos