"Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes" Yellowstone National Park by toonsarah
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide: 1,098 reviews and 3,442 photos
We spent just three days here - long enough to get a good impression, cover both loop roads and see nearly all of the main features. Not long enough though for everything, by some way! If you want to do any major hikes, wait patiently by the less predictable geysers for signs of activity, follow every side road and participate in the numerous ranger-led talks and walks you will need far longer. On the other hand if your time is limited you could see Old Faithful and a few other highlights in a day ...
... it's your choice!
My personal highlights from a long list were:
- the sense of a planet in constant motion, forever reinventing itself for my pleasure
- Fountain Geyser erupting all over me!
- the amazing colours of some of the pools and springs
- my first bison, wandering across a path in front of me on Geyser Hill near Old Faithful
- spotting a young grizzly by the side of the road
- Yellowstone Lake in the early morning
- the wolves at the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center
So whether your interest is in geology or wildlife or simply great scenery, there is something for you here.
And similarly, there are great places to stay to suit most budgets. We splashed out for a couple of nights at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel, and loved it, and also had a night at the more modest Old Faithful Snow Lodge, but you can also camp in a number of places around the park.
- Pros:So much to see ...
- Cons:... so little time
- In a nutshell:Should be one of the must-see experiences on any traveller's list
My other tip on the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone covers the sights of the north rim, while this one focuses on the... more travel advice
Each of the lodging areas in the park has a gift shop and general store. Although we didn’t like Old Faithful Inn as... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yellowstone National Park, My Neighbor"
- "Incredible Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone National Park was fantastic"
- "Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes"
- "Yellowstone!.... a dream come true!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yellowstone National Park
- Hotels in Yellowstone National Park
- Transportation in Yellowstone National Park
- Nightlife in Yellowstone National Park
- Restaurants in Yellowstone National Park
- Shopping in Yellowstone National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yellowstone National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yellowstone National Park
- 29 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellowstone National Park
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: How much money"
- updated a Yellowstone National Park Travel Page "Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes"
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Yellowstone National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review South Rim about Grand Canyon in Yellowstone National Park Things to Do
Photos in Yellowstone National ParkSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 191 reviews, 538 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 108 reviews, 250 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos