"Convenient stopover" Lusk by toonsarah

Lusk Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 16 photos

Replica of a Deadwood-Cheyenne stagecoach

Lusk’s strategic position on the Deadwood-Cheyenne stage made it a popular stopover with the travellers of that day, and like them we found it a useful one night stop on our tour of Wyoming.

There’s not a huge amount to do in the town itself, apart from the obligatory small museum that every town in the state seems to have, but there are a number of decent motels and a few places to eat. We were very happy with our choice of the former and very disappointed with our choice of restaurant, despite the recommendations of other VTers – as you can read in my tip.

• Pros:Very convenient location and friendly motel
  • Cons:Very unfriendly service in the Pizza Place
  • Last visit to Lusk: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Travel by stage coach must have been cramped and uncomfortable – even if there were no thieves and highwaymen along the way. I wonder how many passengers they used to stuff into a stagecoach like the one in your photo.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Great historical information about Lusk and it's role in the American West! Too bad about that terrible pizza joint - it takes quite a bit to get me stirred up too but, if it happened to me I'd write the same review!!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Missed Lusk but think I'll never go at dusk unless I want some rude service. You shoulda had this Jersey boy with ya, I'da showed ya how to eat pie wit your hands. ;)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM

What a lousy pizza place! Maybe the fame made them a little megalomanic? But the scenery is lovely!!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Nothing worse than a disappointing meal. Lucky you had the big sky scenery to lift your spirits!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Oh well, a shame about the Pizza Place. Interesting to read ... Well done. :-)

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 4:58 AM

with service like that, you could almost be at home !

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2006 at 4:49 PM

Geesh! Too bad about the Pizza. They probably were short-handed - it's hard to get good help these days. hehe! BTW I never eat my Pizza with a fork & knife - I just "shovel" it in.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2006 at 6:25 AM

Gosh, what a nasty little restauarnt - lack luskre huh!?

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Badges & Stats in Lusk