"A friendly university town with a nice vibe" Top 5 Page for this destination Laramie by toonsarah
Laramie Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 118 photos
There's a small historic downtown area of just a few blocks. Beyond that are quiet residential streets, and beyond those the university campus.
The railroad tracks edge the downtown area to the west, and on the other side is the Wyoming Territorial Prison which is well worth a visit (one of its most famous inmates was Butch Cassidy)
The town may be small but there's a good selection of restaurants, bars and cafes (although many were closed on the Sunday) and places to stay too.
Most of the motels seemed to be on the outskirts so we were pleased with our choice of a downtown B&B, the Mad Carpenter (silly name but a comfortable home from home environment).
As a bonus, Laramie is surrounded by beautiful scenery, for example in the Snowy Range Mountains.
- Pros:Friendly; good place for a stopover
Chief Washakie was a renowned warrior and leader of the Shoshone tribe in the mid 19th century. He is buried in the... more travel advice
Centennial is a characterful little town about 17 miles west of Laramie on the road through the Snowy Range Pass... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Laramie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waiting for April Fool's Day in Laramie"
- "A friendly university town with a nice vibe"
- "Laramie - a small town on the high prairies"
- "Welcome to 7200 feet above sea level"
- "7200' Are we at the top yet?!?!"
- "lewade's new Laramie Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laramie
- Hotels in Laramie
- Transportation in Laramie
- Nightlife in Laramie
- Restaurants in Laramie
- Shopping in Laramie
- Warnings and Dangers in Laramie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laramie
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Laramie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laramie
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 191 reviews, 538 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 108 reviews, 250 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos