"Mountain grandeur" Grand Teton National Park by toonsarah

Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 925 photos

Grand Teton Sunset

Grand Teton National Park is the place to go in Wyoming if you want great scenery. There are beautiful lakes backed by dramatic mountains, with glaciers and (even in September) patches of snow catching the sunlight.

Less busy than its more famous neighbour to the north, Yellowstone, and more compact, it really shouldn’t be missed.

Exploring the park

There’s so much to do, and enough different ways to explore to suit anyone. If you like hiking there are lots of routes to choose from; if you prefer a more leisurely stroll there are plenty of options too; and if you prefer to sit back and let someone else do the work, there are boat trips on both the main lakes (Jackson Lake and Jenny Lake) and on the Snake River.

I just wish we’d planned a longer visit!

Where to stay?

There are also some really good places to stay here. We stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge which proved an excellent choice as the location in which to celebrate our Silver Wedding anniversary – especially the meal in the Mural Room, with a wonderful view of the sunset over Jackson Lake.

• Pros:Wonderful mountain scenery
  • Cons:Although quieter than Yellowstone, still a bit crowded in places
  • Last visit to Grand Teton National Park: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2011

• Oct 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM

a fantastic page sarah! it seems wyoming has alot of natural wonders to offer the visitor. would be a joy to hike around here i reckon!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Wow, what a magic landscape and scenery!! I must go there one day and hike around! Sarah, I can't believe that you already had your silver anniversary! I love the butter moose :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2008 at 10:27 AM

What amazing scenery! I've never heard of this NP before, so thanks for the introduction :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2008 at 9:28 AM

I already knew Grand Teton NP was great, but didn't realize just how spectacular until now! Looks like one more reason why Wyoming is now on my 'must see' list. Thanks for the excellent tips Sarah!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2008 at 3:39 AM

Love your photos of Mount Moran, just beautiful. It sound like you had a nice visit and a great anniversary.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Stunning shots, Sarah. I was there a long time ago and must say it needs more time than Yellowstone, climber or not. There are some incredible walks as well. Thanks for the reminder to get my wife out there this summer!

• Aug 11, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Sarah, some lovely photos that you've taken. I'm looking forward to taking photos at Oxbow Bend next month, while I'm up there. Thanks for sharing.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Gorgeous photos Sarah! I love your intro photo; it has so much atmosphere to it. The Grand Tetons are breathtaking! I wish I had more time in my upcoming trip to the USA to include the Tetons as well. Maybe I should re-think my itinerary...

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 2:15 AM

More gorgeous photos Sarah!! What a beautiful place.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2007 at 8:10 PM

I understand that you too, were taken by the splendor of the Tetons! Though we stayed very shortly, we enjoyed a lot this place! You have gorgeous photos! Great to have your silver wedding there! Congratulations!

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park

Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?

Latest Activity in Grand Teton National Park