"A great western town" Top 5 Page for this destination Cody by toonsarah
Cody Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 313 photos
Our visit here was certainly one of the highlights of our Wyoming road trip. After a few days in the national parks we felt we were ready for something a little more urban and lively, and Cody was just what we were looking for.
The main sights are the Buffalo Bill Historical Center (which is really five museums in one) and Old Trail Town on the western outskirts of town. Both of these are excellent and will give you a real sense of the Old West, as will the old Irma Hotel in the center of town, which is worth a visit even if you don't plan to stay there.
I’ve also included some tips here covering the area between Cody and Yellowstone National Park. The Shoshone River runs through a spectacular valley, and if you prefer to stay somewhere quieter you could easily use one of the lodges here as a base for visiting Cody
- In a nutshell:Lively (but not too much so), friendly and full of the spirit of the West!
One of the things we enjoyed about our stay in Cody was that the town has a proper downtown area, with a selection of... more travel advice
This is Cody’s best known attraction and it’s easy to see why. For one thing, it’s really five museums in one, so... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Cody Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home- Cody, Wyoming"
- "A great western town"
- "East Gateway Town to Yellowstone National Park..."
- "I fell in love with Cody"
- "WILDEFLOWER's new Cody Page"
- "karlh's new Cody Page"
- "Cody; Rodeo Heaven!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cody
- Hotels in Cody
- Transportation in Cody
- Nightlife in Cody
- Restaurants in Cody
- Shopping in Cody
- Warnings and Dangers in Cody
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cody
- 9 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Cody?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cody
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 222 reviews, 688 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 120 reviews, 288 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 67 reviews, 279 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 46 reviews, 247 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 49 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos