Cheyenne Shopping Tips by toonsarah Top 5 Page for this destination
Cheyenne Shopping: 5 reviews and 6 photos
Farmers' market (by Chris)
We were in Cheyenne on a Saturday morning and enjoyed visiting the farmers’ market in Depot Plaza, in front of the Union Pacific Depot. There was lots of fresh produce for sale, plus home-made goodies such as jams and chutneys, pretty flowers and snacks from some of the stalls.
The man in Chris’s photo is dry roasting chillies – the scent was wonderful!
Directions: The market filled the square in front of the Union Pacific Depot
Theme: Food and Drink
There are a number of unusual and original shops in downtown Cheyenne, and relatively few of the big names you see everywhere else, making it fun to go browsing and window-shopping even if you don't intend to buy!
We particularly enjoyed Quilted Corner on W Lincolnway - lots of beautiful quilts on display and everything you ned to make your own, including a huge range of fabrics. We also found some good record stores selling old LPs and some one-off fashion stores too.
Directions: Best streets seemed to be W Lincolnway, 17th Street, Capitol Ave and Central Ave
Deselms (from the gallery's website)
This wonderful art gallery is located in one of the oldest houses in Cheyenne. The house alone would possibly make it worth a visit but the real attraction is definitely the art. If you have any interest at all in paintings, sculpture, pottery or photography I'm pretty confident that you'll find something here that appeals to you.
The gallery features original artwork by local and regional artists, and the art is packed into every corner of the house - even the bathroom (yes, really!) Larger sculptures are outside on the lawn.
What to buy: We took quite a while to decide what to buy because there were several pieces that appealed to us a lot. In the end the deciding factor was the very practical matter of how to get it home in one piece by air (and with the very stringent restrictions on hand baggage that were in operation at the time). So we left the beautiful ceramic platter and chose instead a striking limited edition photographic print which captures the stunning colours of aspens in the fall. The picture now hangs on our lounge wall and reminds us daily of our road trip in Wyoming.
What to pay: The prices vary hugely of course but you could easily get a small ceramic piece for $20 or so. Our print cost less than $100 but some of the largest sculptures cost thousands.
Address: 303 East 17th Street
Directions: A couple of blocks north and east of the Union Pacific Depot square
Open 10.00am-6.00pm Monday to Saturday, 12.00-4.00pm Sunday
Phone: 307 432 0606
More Reviews (7)
toonsarah's Related Pages
Cheyenne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "State capital or small town?"
- "Frontier Days"
- "Frontier Capital City"
- "CHEYENNE, WYOMING"
- "Cheyenne - a part of American history"
- "Cheyenne : a name not like the others"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cheyenne
- Hotels in Cheyenne
- Transportation in Cheyenne
- Nightlife in Cheyenne
- Restaurants in Cheyenne
- Shopping in Cheyenne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheyenne
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Cheyenne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheyenne
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 189 reviews, 521 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 107 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos