"A village called Trout" Truchas by toonsarah
Truchas Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
The village lies just off the main highway, and was built in a square with an entrance just wide enough for one cart to pass through, for defensive purposes. Today it’s a pretty sleepy place, or so it seemed to us, especially after the relative bustle of nearby Chimayó.
In addition to the church there’s a general store (closed on the Sunday when we visited) and a few art studios – the one nearest the church, Hand Artes, was open although we only browsed the outdoor exhibits.
Robert Redford filmed "The Milagro Beanfield War" here. I have never seen the film but I plan to track down the DVD now that I have visited its location.
And to continue with us on the High Road to Taos, please visit my little Las Trampas page.
Of all the villages we stopped in on the High Road to Taos, Truchas seemed the most closed in on itself, even slightly... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Truchas Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Truchas
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Truchas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Truchas
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 222 reviews, 688 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 128 reviews, 316 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 67 reviews, 279 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 46 reviews, 247 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 49 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos