Santa Fe Transportation Tips by toonsarah Top 5 Page for this destination
Santa Fe Transportation: 19 reviews and 19 photos
Sign on W San Francisco St
Santa Fe is a very walkable city, for the most part. Nearly all of the main sights are in the downtown district or only a few blocks beyond it. The only time we used the car, apart from a day trip out of the city, was when we went to the Railyard and from there on to Canyon Road as we thought we might want to explore much of the latter’s length (in practice though we found more than enough to interest us in just the first few galleries that we investigated). Apart from that we spent most of our time walking the streets around the Plaza or venturing just a little south to the Santurio de Guadalupe and to the San Miguel Mission, both just a few blocks beyond the confines of downtown.
It’s hard to get lost here. The streets in the centre follow the familiar US grid pattern, though here they all have names not numbers. And there are signposts on every corner in downtown, pointing you towards all the main sights. If you need one you can pick up a good free map – we were given ours when we checked in to the Chapelle Street Casitas, and I noticed them too in the lobby of La Fonda Hotel.
More Reviews (29)
- A cosy home from home
- See All Adobe, adobe, adobe!
- See All San Francisco Cathedral
- See All Bandelier National Monument: Tsankawi
toonsarah's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico"
- "Santa Fe, New Mexico"
- ""Fanta Se""
- "La Villa Real de la Santa Fe"
- "Steep in History"
- "The City Different"
- "Santa Fe Days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Fe
- Hotels in Santa Fe
- Transportation in Santa Fe
- Nightlife in Santa Fe
- Restaurants in Santa Fe
- Shopping in Santa Fe
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Fe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 30 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 189 reviews, 521 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 107 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos