""Fanta Se"" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe by toonsarah
Santa Fe Travel Guide: 688 reviews and 1,383 photos
And I am not referring only to the thousands of people here who are engaged in the arts in some way or another – running a gallery, creating paintings or photos or sculptures, writing or performing etc.
No – the city itself seems to have a sense of itself as a work of art. Local regulations control very strictly the appearance of all buildings in the downtown area, around the Plaza – if it isn’t adobe, it had better at least pretend to be!
But if that sounds critical, it isn’t really intended to be. We loved pretty much everything about our stay in Santa Fe; our cosy casita in Chapelle Street, and the delicious meals in its restaurants; its historic churches, and the ultra-modern art in some of its galleries; margaritas at sunset, and late night Jack Daniels in a friendly bar; exploring the heart of the city, and the wonderful scenery on its doorstep.
We stayed just four nights – long enough to get to know the historic area around the Plaza, visit just a couple of museums and the most important churches, soak up some atmosphere and spend a day exploring the part of Bandelier National Monument and the red rock scenery around Abiquiu. A week would not be too long if you wanted to see everything, while a day would at least allow you to see the most important sights. But our four days was just right, and at the end we were happy to move on to our next destination, Taos.
Because this is a longer page, I have borrowed an idea from Don (aka Nemorino), and have linked my tips in a suggested order of reading. So you can if you wish start here for my first tip, our accommodation in the cute casita, and then read on by following the link at the end of each tip.
And to continue with us on our road trip through New Mexico, please visit my little Española page
- In a nutshell:Both artistic and artful
When we were planning our road trip in New Mexico we knew that we wanted to spend several days here in Santa Fe, and we... more travel advice
If you enjoy art of any form you are almost bound to see something that appeals to you in Santa Fe. The city is... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico"
- "Santa Fe, New Mexico"
- ""Fanta Se""
- "La Villa Real de la Santa Fe"
- "Steep in History"
- "The City Different"
- "Santa Fe Days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Fe
- Hotels in Santa Fe
- Transportation in Santa Fe
- Nightlife in Santa Fe
- Restaurants in Santa Fe
- Shopping in Santa Fe
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Fe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 30 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 191 reviews, 540 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 108 reviews, 250 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos