"No, not that one!" Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas by toonsarah
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 71 photos
This Las Vegas is an appealing mix of slightly down-at-heel with trying-hard-to-revive. We loved the photogenic old buildings of the Historic Bridge Street District, and the sleepy Plaza. We also loved our stay at the grand old Plaza Hotel, and our evening in its Byron T’s Saloon, where the locals were among the friendliest people we met in ever-friendly New Mexico!
Further afield we visited Fort Union, one of the most important sites on the Santa Fe Trail. But it was Las Vegas itself that really appealed to us, despite its lack of obvious big attractions and its low profile among visitors to the state. How very different indeed to that other Las Vegas!
If you’d like to read my tips in order, please start with my accommodation tip, the historic Plaza Hotel.
And to continue with us on our road trip through New Mexico please visit Santa Rosa with me.
- In a nutshell:Not the most obvious New Mexico destination but one well worth seeking out
If like us you prefer to stay near the centre of any town you visit, able to walk to the restaurants and bars, there is... more travel advice
After our tasty meal in the Landmark Grill we decided to check out the bar across the lobby, Byron T’s Saloon. We were... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "No, not that one!"
- "Routeman's Las Vegas ( NM ) Page"
- "Basaic Las Vegas Page"
- "Weekend Getaway"
- "Cottonwood Springs"
- "Montana Man - Who Loves New Mexico"
- "Las Vegas, dull title, huh?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 6 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 172 reviews, 476 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 98 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos
- Krakow Intro, 34 reviews, 140 photos, 8 travelogues