Grants Hotel Tips by toonsarah
Grants Hotels: 511 reviews and 3 photos
We hadn’t pre-booked accommodation in Grants and originally intended to look for something near the centre to take advantage of a local restaurant or bar, but when we drove into town late on a Sunday afternoon everything looked pretty quiet and the Mexican restaurant recommended in our guidebook was very decidedly closed, so there seemed no point in staying here. While we’re not enamoured of the motel strips found on the outskirts of US towns as a general rule, on this occasion it seemed to be the most obvious choice, and with what looked like a storm brewing we opted for a motel with its own restaurant, the Best Western. It proved to be a good choice, starting with the undeserved discount we received on check-in – the receptionist asked if we were AAA members, we said not, and she gave us the discount anyway!
Our room was one of their standard ones but was more than adequate for our needs – a good size, with two queen beds and located at the back of the building in a quiet corner. We couldn’t really hear any traffic at all here, and although we could hear the trains whistling now and then during the night, I had no complaints as I love to hear them blow.
The room had a large TV, microwave, coffee-making facilities and A/C. The bathroom was a good size and had all the basic toiletries. We also had a separate wash-basin outside in the room – very useful when two of you are getting ready at the same time.
Unique Qualities: We ate in the motel’s restaurant that evening, which was very good (see my Restaurant tip) and also had breakfast there, with the latter included in our room rate of $89. The buffet was more extensive than in some other places we stayed, with reasonable eggs and bacon alongside the usual juice, muffins, yoghurts and weak coffee.
There is free wifi available throughout the rooms as well as public areas, a pool (which we didn’t use), small gift-shop in the lobby, bar and restaurant.
By the way, the photo of the spectacular sunset was taken from our bedroom window but I couldn't label it as such without obscuring the sun :-(
Address: 1501 E Sante Fe Avenue, Grants, NM
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On the motel strip just off I40
More Reviews (5)
toonsarah's Related Pages
Grants Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The (really rather lovely) Badlands"
- "Irisrainbow's new Grants Page"
- "Passing through Grants"
- "Basaic Grants Page"
- "The Bad Place that is Good"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grants
- Hotels in Grants
- Restaurants in Grants
- Warnings and Dangers in Grants
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grants
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Grants?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grants
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: What to see outside of London?"
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Grants travel pages
- updated a Grants Travel Page "The (really rather lovely) Badlands"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The (really rather lovely) Badlands"
- Wrote a Review Acoma Sky City in Grants Off The Beaten Path
Read real reviews about Grants Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 202 reviews, 610 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 108 reviews, 250 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 46 reviews, 247 photos, 7 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 49 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos