"A few nights in the Amazonian rainforest" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado do Amazonas by toonsarah
Estado do Amazonas Travel Guide: 416 reviews and 1,129 photos
The region is surprisingly well-developed for tourism. There are accommodation options catering to all budgets, from pretty basic camping through to luxury lodges. All of them have to be accessed by water, usually departing from Manaus. A typical three night package such as we took won’t give you long enough to get truly off the beaten path, but you will certainly feel as if you've left the world behind for a few days.
We stayed at the Amazon Village, a mid-price range option with accommodation in small wooden huts. It was a fantastic experience, highly recommended for anyone interested in wildlife or in other cultures, although you need to be prepared for the very high temperatures and humidity.
Attractions include colourful birdlife, boat rides through the backwaters, walks in the forest and night-time caiman viewing.
Our visit was some years ago now. I’ve done my best to check that all my info is up to date but I appreciate things may have changed. Please do let me know if you spot any errors or discover changes that I should correct.
- Pros:Closer to nature than you might expect, given the relative "mod cons"
- Cons:The heat!
- In a nutshell:An amazing experience
On one of our evenings at the lodge we went out in the motorised canoes to look for caiman. Two boat loads of tourists... more travel advice
Here is a list of the various birds we saw while staying at the Amazon Village Lodge. Most were at a distance, needing... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Estado do Amazonas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few nights in the Amazonian rainforest"
- "Amazonas - Home of the mightiest River on earth"
- "April 18th 03 - My Amazon adventure"
- "ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE?"
- "My time in the Jungle"
- "The jungle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado do Amazonas
- Hotels in Estado do Amazonas
- Transportation in Estado do Amazonas
- Nightlife in Estado do Amazonas
- Restaurants in Estado do Amazonas
- Shopping in Estado do Amazonas
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado do Amazonas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado do Amazonas
- 16 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Estado do Amazonas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado do Amazonas
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: I don't like to say I told..."
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Estado do Amazonas travel pages
- updated a Estado do Amazonas Travel Page "A few nights in the Amazonian rainforest"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A few nights in the Amazonian rainforest"
- Wrote a Review Caiman “hunting” in Estado do Amazonas Things to Do
Photos in Estado do AmazonasSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 233 reviews, 724 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 130 reviews, 332 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 68 reviews, 300 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 56 reviews, 293 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 67 reviews, 279 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos