"“We’ve all come to look for America”" New Jersey by toonsarah
New Jersey Travel Guide: 3,840 reviews and 7,387 photos
”Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
We’ve all come to look for America”
Well we certainly found the cars, and driving in some parts of the state was not a pleasure, but other aspects of our visit certainly were. We spent most of our time in the lovely Victorian resort of Cape May, about which I have a separate page, but also made some trips up the coast to Wildwood and Atlantic City and spent our last couple of days touring the scenic Delaware River Valley. It was here, and in the south west of the state, that we finally discovered that New Jersey is indeed in parts a Garden State.
- Pros:great beaches and classic seaside vibes, plus some history and pretty countryside thrown in
- Cons:no one could call Newark pretty and the roads in the metropolitan areas aren’t much fun
The highlight of our visit to Princeton was the excellent Art Museum on the university campus. This is just the right... more travel advice
If you’re driving along the Delaware River in New Jersey as we were, it’s really worth the very short detour to pop... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
New Jersey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "The Best of New Jersey!"
- "b1bob's New Jersey adventures: a work in progress"
- "NEW JERSEY POTPOURRI"
- "NEW JERSEY"
- "“We’ve all come to look for America”"
- "New Jersey ---- still exploring....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Jersey
- Hotels in New Jersey
- Transportation in New Jersey
- Nightlife in New Jersey
- Restaurants in New Jersey
- Shopping in New Jersey
- Warnings and Dangers in New Jersey
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Jersey
- 54 Reviews
- 154 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to New Jersey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Jersey
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Smartphone and how much MB..."
- updated a New Jersey Travel Page "“We’ve all come to look for America”"
- Uploaded a Photo to "“We’ve all come to look for America”"
- Wrote a Review Princeton’s excellent Art Museum in New Jersey Things to Do
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's New Jersey travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 172 reviews, 476 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 98 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos
- Krakow Intro, 34 reviews, 140 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (159)
Top New Jersey hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- 466 Reviews - 913 Photos
- Wildwood Hotels
- 151 Reviews - 232 Photos
- Wildwood Crest Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 1 Photo
- West Atlantic City Hotels
- 1 Review
- Cape May Hotels
- 288 Reviews - 488 Photos
- Newark Hotels
- 92 Reviews - 141 Photos
- Jersey City Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 183 Photos
- South Hackensack Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Secaucus Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Monmouth Beach Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Freehold Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Weehawken Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Hoboken Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 128 Photos
- Seaside Heights Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 70 Photos
- Peapack and Gladstone Hotels
- See nearby hotels