"Yes, I remember ..." Adlestrop by toonsarah
Adlestrop Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
There is perhaps not much of note here, but that is part of its charm. A sleepy village street, lined with chocolate-box-pretty cottages; a thatched village shop still surviving when many in the country have sadly closed; a small green and a cricket pitch.
This is the England that someone who has never been here might conjure up from old movies, thinking that most of us live in just such a place (although in fact only 80 people inhabit this tiny village).
If you have an image of a perfect English village in your head and want to bring it to life, Adlestrop could be the place for you.
For more about this pretty area of England, please visit my Gloucestershire page, from which these tips are an extract.
- Pros:Chocolate-box England to perfection
- Cons:So quiet there's not even a pub!
As well as the poet, Edward Thomas, the village has a connection with one of my favourite novelists, Jane Austen, who is... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Adlestrop Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Adlestrop
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Adlestrop?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Adlestrop
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 222 reviews, 688 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 128 reviews, 316 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 67 reviews, 279 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 46 reviews, 247 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 49 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos