Bath Restaurant Tips by toonsarah Top 5 Page for this destination
Bath Restaurants: 118 reviews and 139 photos
In the Arch Restaurant
Tucked away in Queen Street. I found this attractive restaurant which offered a light lunch menu – just what I needed. There is also a set menu (£10.95 for 2 courses, £13.50 for 3 at lunchtime and before 7.30 in the evening) if you’re looking for a more substantial meal. I liked the warm colours and fresh flowers, and settled into a corner table
My Eggs Royale (£7.95) consisted of muffins with smoked salmon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. The dish was very tasty though I felt it could have been warmer. Service was friendly but quite slow, especially with only four tables occupied. I didn’t bother with dessert but a couple near me were making very appreciative noises about their apple crumble, which was just as well given how long they’d waited for it.
Address: 2/3 Queen Street, Bath, BA1 1HE
Comparison: about average
Directions: Follow the signs on Westgate Street
Phone: 01225 444403
I came here for dinner with a friend and we were both impressed with Jamie Oliver’s latest venture. The restaurant is tucked away in a small shopping mall off Milsom Street and is surprisingly large. We were shown to a table at the farthest end, where the initial modern décor gives way to something far more traditional and in keeping with the general atmosphere of Bath. In fact I realised later that we were in the old Circulating Library which on its exterior still bears the old sign (see photo 2).
Favorite Dish: To start with I chose squid which was served with a delicious red pepper mayonnaise dip, while my friend had a dish of baked mushrooms. We both chose pasta for our mains – he enjoyed a traditional lasagne and I had an excellent ravioli filled with ricotta cheese and served in a rosemary and pumpkin sauce. Despite being full we decided that we owed it to Jamie to check out the desserts, so he had lemon sorbet and I selected three flavours from the tempting ice cream menu – vanilla, hazelnut and dark chocolate, of which the last was definitely the star! With a bottle of merlot, the bill was a very reasonable £51 (without service), which we thought very good value for the quality of the food.
Service was brisk but friendly, and the place was buzzing even quite early on a Tuesday evening. You can’t reserve a table here, so I would say come early, as we did, or be prepared to wait in the bar area.
Address: 10 Milsom Place, Bath, BA1 1BZ
Comparison: about average
Directions: Milsom Place is a small shopping mall on the east side of Milsom Street, just a few minutes’ walk north of the Abbey
Phone: 01225 510051
More Reviews (15)
toonsarah's Related Pages
Bath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Visit to Jane Austen's Town"
- "Baaaaarth, Darling !"
- "An afternoon in Bath"
- "Home to Britain's only Hot Springs"
- "Beautiful Bath"
- "Dipping my toe into Bath!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bath
- Hotels in Bath
- Transportation in Bath
- Nightlife in Bath
- Restaurants in Bath
- Shopping in Bath
- Warnings and Dangers in Bath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bath
- 17 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Bath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bath
Photos in BathSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 189 reviews, 521 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 107 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos
- Roman Baths- 113 Reviews, 205 Photos
- Bath Abbey- 71 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Pulteney Bridge- 37 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Circus- 28 Reviews, 48 Photos
- River Avon- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Royal Crescent- 33 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Sally Lunn's House- 7 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Jane Austen Museum- 11 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Architecture- 15 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Queens Square- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Bath Things to Do