Bath Restaurant Tips by toonsarah Top 5 Page for this destination

Bath Restaurants: 119 reviews and 140 photos

In the Arch Restaurant - Bath

In the Arch Restaurant

Arch Restaurant: Good lunch-time value

Tucked away in Queen Street. I found this attractive restaurant which offered a light lunch menu – just what I needed. There is also a set menu (£10.95 for 2 courses, £13.50 for 3 at lunchtime and before 7.30 in the evening) if you’re looking for a more substantial meal. I liked the warm colours and fresh flowers, and settled into a corner table

My Eggs Royale (£7.95) consisted of muffins with smoked salmon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. The dish was very tasty though I felt it could have been warmer. Service was friendly but quite slow, especially with only four tables occupied. I didn’t bother with dessert but a couple near me were making very appreciative noises about their apple crumble, which was just as well given how long they’d waited for it.

Address: 2/3 Queen Street, Bath, BA1 1HE

Theme: Other

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Jamie's Italian - Bath

Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian: Well done Jamie!

I came here for dinner with a friend and we were both impressed with Jamie Oliver’s latest venture. The restaurant is tucked away in a small shopping mall off Milsom Street and is surprisingly large. We were shown to a table at the farthest end, where the initial modern décor gives way to something far more traditional and in keeping with the general atmosphere of Bath. In fact I realised later that we were in the old Circulating Library which on its exterior still bears the old sign (see photo 2).

Favorite Dish: To start with I chose squid which was served with a delicious red pepper mayonnaise dip, while my friend had a dish of baked mushrooms. We both chose pasta for our mains – he enjoyed a traditional lasagne and I had an excellent ravioli filled with ricotta cheese and served in a rosemary and pumpkin sauce. Despite being full we decided that we owed it to Jamie to check out the desserts, so he had lemon sorbet and I selected three flavours from the tempting ice cream menu – vanilla, hazelnut and dark chocolate, of which the last was definitely the star! With a bottle of merlot, the bill was a very reasonable £51 (without service), which we thought very good value for the quality of the food.

Service was brisk but friendly, and the place was buzzing even quite early on a Tuesday evening. You can’t reserve a table here, so I would say come early, as we did, or be prepared to wait in the bar area.

Address: 10 Milsom Place, Bath, BA1 1BZ

Comparison: about average

Directions: Milsom Place is a small shopping mall on the east side of Milsom Street, just a few minutes’ walk north of the Abbey

Phone: 01225 510051

Price: US$31-40

Rating: 4

Theme: Italian

Website: http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/bath

• Written Mar 15, 2009

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Badges & Stats in Bath