"My first Rushbearing Meet" Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax by toonsarah

Halifax Travel Guide: 181 reviews and 1,087 photos

The Minster, Halifax

I had wanted to get to one of Ricky52’s Rushbearing meetings for some time, but other commitments always got in the way. Finally in 2012 I made it, and had a wonderful time!

The meeting also gave me the opportunity to see something of Halifax and the area surrounding it, which was a new part of the country for me. And while I didn’t get to see as much as I would have liked, I could tell that it was a town with a lot of history, set in a beautiful landscape.

As well as visiting a few sights in Halifax, we went to several nearby places. As these are all within easy reach of Halifax I have included them here as “off the beaten path” tips.

I had a great time at the meeting and will hopefully be back in this part of the country for others in the future, as there is clearly much more to be seen here.

If you’d like to follow the event of the weekend in the order that I experienced them, please start with my tip about the Wool Merchant Hotel, where we all stayed.

• Last visit to Halifax: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2012

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM

The Wainhouse Tower sounds to be a great "mystery destination". 84m that's very tall, but I can see you were regarded with very nice views after climbing up.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

It was great to get to the top, but a shame it wasn't a clearer day - the views must be even better then!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Great tips! It sounds like you had a fine weekend, and I enjoyed reading about it.

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Thank you Don - and yes, it was great fun, and very interesting too :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Thank you for this marvellous and entertaining description of Halifax and surroundings :-))

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:27 AM

And thank YOU for spending time exploring it with me. Do come to the Rushbearing one year - you would love all of this!

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Badges & Stats in Halifax

Have you been to Halifax?

Latest Activity in Halifax