"A Winter Warmer" Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos by toonsarah

Torremolinos Travel Guide: 438 reviews and 1,586 photos

Early morning on the Paseo Maritimo

Some ideas seem to be organic – they start with a conversation, become a discussion, and the next thing you know one person’s plans for a winter break have turned into a VT meeting! So it was when Gillian (Gillybob) decided to pop over to Spain to see Lori and Hansi.

Suddenly a place I had never planned to visit, Torremolinos, was on my radar, and the decision was taken that Chris and I would join the Winter Warmer and celebrate the inaugural Barney Awards with friends.

As I said, we had never planned to visit Torremolinos, as “sun, sand and sea” package tour destinations are not really our thing. But off season at least, it was a pleasant surprise – a long, attractive promenade along the sea-front (the Paseo Maritimo), a town centre that still retains an occasional glimpse of the old Torremolinos, and plenty of eating and drinking establishments with a genuinely Spanish flavour. I’m still not at all sure I would like it in the summer, but in January it was a great place to be!

• In a nutshell:Go off season for a different Costa del Sol experience
  • Last visit to Torremolinos: Jan 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 23, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2014 at 3:47 AM

I like your Hotel with the sea views and all the white washed buildings. Your choice of icecream sounds yum!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
      May 24, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Thank you Dee. I have Hansi and Lori to thank for finding that hotel - a great location and super value!

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Another interesting and well-written page! Never have been to Torremolinos, but it sounds delightful and an inexpensive place to get away from Winter!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2011 at 4:57 AM

One of these days I'll get toa meet .Thanks for your pages. The tapas tip makes me hungry.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Sarah, lovely page with outstanding photos. It really looks like I missed a gorgeous meeting in Torremolinos. Greetings from sunny Switzerland.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2011 at 1:33 PM

A very interesting page with great photos!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM

an interesting page, Sarah, such a winter-warmer would be a great idea now instead of the cold and icy winter here !

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Great page, Sarah! Wonderful memories of a wonderful weekend! Gillybob greetings

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Great page of a great weekend! I actually wouldn't mind returning but only in winter, even though I found the flight quite long.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2011 at 3:43 AM

Good to see you tracked down that inexpensive tapas bar though with the ice cream AND cake, it's not likely poor Chris would have gone hungry. ;) Great find by Lori on that room, especially compared to restaurant prices.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Pleased to see you enjoyed your time in Torremolinos Sarah. Now you see why we love it so much here. Three weeks down and one to go. the weather has been fantastic - only two days of rain. Olè

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Badges & Stats in Torremolinos

Have you been to Torremolinos?

Latest Activity in Torremolinos