"A few hours in the city" Reykjavík by toonsarah
Reykjavík Travel Guide: 926 reviews and 3,095 photos
With so little time to spend here, and with the bonus of a crisp sunny winter’s day, we decided to focus on a few sights in and near the oldest part of the city – the harbour, the colourful houses of Grjótaþorpið, the Tjörnin Pond, and the imposing Hallgrimskirkja.
We also found time for a super little VT meeting with local member Regina1965 and her fiancé. Regina had helped me a lot in making plans for this trip and it was a real pleasure to meet her in person. Thanks Regina!
After just a few hours here it was time to leave, as we wanted to reach our hotel before darkness fell. We were sorry not to have seen more of Reykjavik, but more adventures awaited us, which you can read about on my South Iceland page.
If you would like to follow our short time in Reykjavik in the same order that we did, you can do so by starting with my first tip, Parking in the city, and following the links in each tip. Or of course you can simply work through each section as you choose!
- In a nutshell:So glad we took the diversion!
We drove to Reykjavik from our hotel in Keflavik, and had checked our route carefully beforehand. We decided to park... more travel advice
Aðalstræti is Reykjavík's oldest street and lies at the heart of the small grid of streets that still bear echoes of... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Reykjavík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reykjavík - my home town."
- "Reykjavik's Peculiar Charm"
- "The Land of Fire and Ice"
- "Reykjavik - Northern Gem"
- "A Quick Northern Jaunt"
- "Quirky City !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík
- Hotels in Reykjavík
- Transportation in Reykjavík
- Nightlife in Reykjavík
- Restaurants in Reykjavík
- Shopping in Reykjavík
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík
- 9 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Reykjavík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 189 reviews, 521 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 107 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos