"Perched among the vineyards" Top 5 Page for this destination Corniglia by toonsarah
Corniglia Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 235 photos
The village itself is compact, and to me appeared to look in on itself rather than, as the others do, looking out to the deep blue sea into which they seem always on the verge of tumbling.
We spent less time here than in some of the other villages, and liked it less. Not that it isn’t lovely and full of interesting corners, but its small size made it harder to escape the summer crowds than in, say, Riomagiore or Vernazza, which are visited by many more people but are large enough to have quieter corners even in the height of the season. If Corniglia has some of these too, we failed to find them. But nevertheless we enjoyed the pretty town square and the views from the belvedere, and would certainly come back at a cooler, less busy time of the year.
Strolling along the Via Fieschi through the centre of Corniglia we were slightly taken aback to come across this... more travel advice
At the end of town, i.e. the end of Via Fieschi, you will come to the Santa Maria Belvedere, which takes its name from... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Corniglia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Corniglia - on the Cinque Terre"
- "Perched among the vineyards"
- "The third village of the Cinque Terre...."
- "The littlest, middlest one"
- "Welcome to the Center of Cinque Terre!"
- "Quietest town in Cinque Terre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corniglia
- Hotels in Corniglia
- Transportation in Corniglia
- Restaurants in Corniglia
- Shopping in Corniglia
- Warnings and Dangers in Corniglia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corniglia
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (149)
Have you been to Corniglia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corniglia
Photos in CornigliaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 222 reviews, 688 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 128 reviews, 316 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 67 reviews, 279 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 46 reviews, 247 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 49 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos