"Elephants, elephants, elephants!" Tarangire National Park by toonsarah
Tarangire National Park Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 59 photos
A river runs through the park, and has water even in the dry season (as when we visited), making it a magnet for wildlife. An evening game drive here will give you great photo opportunities as the elephants and other animals come down to the water to drink.
Animals seen here:
~ more elephants!!
~ lions (a lioness stalking a zebra, and another “baby-sitting” three cubs)
Another feature of the park is the large number of baobab trees, which are almost as photogenic as the elephants. There were several in the tented camp, adding to the “back to nature” atmosphere. Our evenings were spent watching darkness descend over the park over a cold beer, chatting to other visitors and Reginald, our guide, about animals seen, and then returning to our tent under the baobab tree to fall asleep surrounded by (thankfully) distant animal calls.
You can read about the other destinations we visited on this trip on my Tanzania, Ngorongoro Crater and Zanzibar pages.
- In a nutshell:An ideal place to see elephants :-)
The landscape of Tarangire is dominated by large numbers of baobob trees - indeed a baobob greets you at the park... more travel advice
Apart from the numerous elephants and several exciting viewings of lions, the other animals we saw here were: ~... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Tarangire National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Elephants, elephants, elephants!"
- "Tarangire - place of the giants"
- "Tarangire National Park"
- "Elephants and baobab trees"
- "Endless savanna of Tarangire"
- "Tarangire, where Elephants and Baobabs rule"
- "Touring Tarangire National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tarangire National Park
- Hotels in Tarangire National Park
- Nightlife in Tarangire National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tarangire National Park
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Tarangire National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarangire National Park
Photos in Tarangire National ParkSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 222 reviews, 688 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 128 reviews, 316 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 67 reviews, 279 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 46 reviews, 247 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 49 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos