Parque Nacional Tikal Transportation Tips by toonsarah Top 5 Page for this destination
Parque Nacional Tikal Transportation: 30 reviews and 46 photos
Our plane to Flores
We flew to Flores from Guatemala City Airport (Aurora International) with TACA on a small twin prop plane. I really love flying on these but nervous flyers should be prepared for something that looks and feel very different from your average modern jet. Unfortunately our flight was an evening one and it was dark throughout its brief 50 minutes, so we couldn’t see anything of Guatemala below us. Despite the shortness of the flight however, the cabin crew found time to serve a snack – an empanada and fruit juice.
On landing in Flores we collected our bags which were quickly delivered to the hatch at one side of the tiny terminal, and were met outside by the representative of STP who was to drive us to our hotel, Miguel. Like all the STP employees we met, he was friendly and informative, and we were pleased to hear that he was to be our guide the next morning.
After about an hour's driving we arrived at Tikal, where Miguel paid our entrance fees and handed over a map so that we could see a little of what the next day was to bring. We arranged to meet after breakfast and he headed off home to Flores for the night, leaving us to check into the Jungle Lodge.
Website: http://%s3%cb www.taca.com
More Reviews (23)
toonsarah's Related Pages
Parque Nacional Tikal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tikal - a Jungle Jewel"
- "Ruins in the jungle"
- "Mayan Mysteries in a Jungle Setting"
- "Tikal--The Mayan World's Greatest City Ever"
- "Parque Nacional Tikal"
- "Jungle Secrets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Hotels in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Transportation in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Shopping in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional Tikal
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lobethal Hotels
- Mid Glamorgan Hotels
- Provincia de La Altagracia Hotels
- Isla San Lorenzo
- Jinmei Hotels
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional Tikal
- 24 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Parque Nacional Tikal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Time lapse"
- updated a Parque Nacional Tikal Travel Page "Ruins in the jungle"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ruins in the jungle"
- Wrote a Review Dress for heat and comfort in Parque Nacional Tikal What to Pack
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Parque Nacional Tikal travel pages
Photos in Parque Nacional TikalSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 185 reviews, 512 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 107 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos
Latest Parque Nacional Tikal hotel reviews
- Jungle Lodge
- 212 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013