"The Lodge at Chaa Creek" Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio by toonsarah
San Ignacio Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 414 photos
For one thing, we were very struck by how different the two countries looked and felt – Guatemala totally Latin American in nature, Belize far more Caribbean. And for another, our travel arrangements here were also quite different. In Guatemala we had stayed mainly in towns, with local life right on our doorstep, and had explored independently, with a strong emphasis on history. In Belize we were to stay in lodges, and see much more wildlife than human life!
Our first base was something of a treat – a few nights at this upmarket lodge in the San Ignacio district. A stay at Chaa Creek doesn’t come cheap, but it is good value when you consider the nature of the resort and what’s included in your stay.
Our few days here coincided with a rainy spell (we were just at the tail-end of the rainy season) so we didn’t get out and about as much as we might have done. But if you’re going to chill for a few days, this is a great place to do it! And if you’re on a budget the nearby river camp would be a great alternative.
- In a nutshell:A special place to stay
There is a small but well-stocked shop in the grounds, selling a wide range of items, from local crafts to the basic... more travel advice
This was easily the best of the free activities we participated in here. We gave it a miss on our first morning as the... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
San Ignacio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Ignacio - Temples, Caves & Tubing"
- "5 Days In Belize's Jungle"
- "The Lodge at Chaa Creek"
- "San Ignacio, Belize: Home Base For Adventure"
- "San Ignacio - a one stoplight town"
- "San Ignacio, Belize: Mountains and Maya ruins"
- "San Ignacio - Great Central Location!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Ignacio
- Hotels in San Ignacio
- Transportation in San Ignacio
- Nightlife in San Ignacio
- Restaurants in San Ignacio
- Shopping in San Ignacio
- Warnings and Dangers in San Ignacio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Ignacio
- 11 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (270)
Have you been to San Ignacio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Ignacio
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 239 reviews, 746 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 143 reviews, 382 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 68 reviews, 300 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 56 reviews, 293 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 67 reviews, 280 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 67 reviews, 279 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 55 reviews, 259 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues