"Hot springs" Papallacta by toonsarah
Papallacta Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 153 photos
We enjoyed a soak in the hot springs, a very good dinner and a short walk on one of the resort’s extensive network of trails. With more time we would have wandered further afield – a two night visit here would not be too long.
We slept in a lovely wooden cabin with a small hot pool right outside. If you’re on a budget you can still visit Papallacta as buses from Quito serve the town (though the hot springs are some distance from the road down a mud track) and there are much cheaper accommodation options. But we enjoyed our splurge and I highly recommend a stay at the Termas if you can manage it. Just bring a warm jumper as it gets very chilly here at night, being considerably higher even than Quito, at 3,225 metres.
This is one of a number of small pages about a variety of places we visited on our holiday in Ecuador. There is more information about the country as a whole and our experiences there on my overview page, linked above.
Please start your visit to Papallacta with my accommodation tip
- Pros:A great place to unwind for a day or two
- Cons:Can be chilly
There are cheaper places to stay in Papallacta, and indeed it’s possible to visit on a day-trip from Quito, but we... more travel advice
There are three areas of hot pools at the resort, not to mention those to be found elsewhere in the village. Firstly... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Papallacta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot springs"
- "Termas de Papallacta (Papallacta Hot Springs)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Papallacta
- Hotels in Papallacta
- Transportation in Papallacta
- Restaurants in Papallacta
- Warnings and Dangers in Papallacta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Papallacta
- 6 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Papallacta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Papallacta
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 191 reviews, 538 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 108 reviews, 250 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos