"The Falls at Iguaçu" Parque Nacional do Iguaçu by toonsarah
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 694 photos
She had a point. This was possibly my favourite of the places we visited in Brazil. I'm always moved by the power of waterfalls and these are some of the most amazing I've seen. They're on a truly grand scale, and yet you can get right up close and personal!
As well as walks right by the edge of the falls you can also take a boat ride right under the spray (you'll spot one in the centre of my main photo). And for a different view, take a side trip into Argentina where there is an even greater choice of walks.
We stayed at the top-range hotel choice here, the Tropical Hotel das Cataratas. It isn’t cheap but you get what you pay for, namely an excellent location right by the falls and an old colonial style of luxury – worth splashing out on in my view if you can manage it.
Our visit was some years ago now. I’ve done my best to check that all my info is up to date but I appreciate things may have changed. Please do let me know if you spot any errors or discover changes that I should correct.
- In a nutshell:Nature at its most powerful and impressive
The Falls at Iguaçu straddle the border between Brazil and Argentina, and whichever side you choose to stay on it is... more travel advice
If you want to get up close and personal with a waterfall, this is the place to come! There are more walking trails on... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A rumble in the jungle . . ."
- "Iguaçu: the "Big Water""
- "Iguacu Falls - nature's spectacle!"
- "panoramic views!"
- "The Brazilian side of the Iguaçu Falls"
- "With bird's eyes ~ Con ojos de pájaro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Hotels in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Transportation in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Shopping in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
- 7 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional do Iguaçu
Photos in Parque Nacional do IguaçuSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 185 reviews, 512 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 107 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 52 reviews, 204 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibiu Intro, 34 reviews, 196 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos