"A glimpse at some Cotswold villages" Top 5 Page for this destination Oxfordshire by toonsarah
Oxfordshire Travel Guide: 1,401 reviews and 2,980 photos
The Cotswolds in fact straddle several counties – mainly Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, but a little bit of Warwickshire too. A recent day out with Ingrid (aka Trekki) took us to the first two of these, and I’ve created a small page about each in an effort to keep tips in the right place for the county they refer too.
The Cotswolds are a line of hills stretching from about 7 miles south of Stratford-upon-Avon in a south-westerly direction to Bath, a distance of 70 miles. I’ve written about them in more depth on my small Gloucestershire page, where you’ll also find tips about the villages we visited there. The tips here describe a couple of the pretty Oxfordshire villages we visited, and a lovely pub lunch :)
Several of the tips are duplicated on the two pages in case people only find one or the other, but please don’t rate both!
- Pros:Pretty as a postcard
- Cons:A few of the villages can get busy, as can the roads around Oxford
- In a nutshell:A lovely day out
We recently took my parents out for lunch in the Cotswolds and a bit of pre-planning and internet research led me to... more travel advice
Historically, the Cotswold Hills were a rich area, their wealth built on the wool trade. In medieval times the native... more travel advice
toonsarah's Related Pages
Oxfordshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic County of Oxfordshire"
- "Country Houses & Thatched Roof Villages"
- "A glimpse at some Cotswold villages"
- "BLENHEIM PALACE"
- "Oxford, is there any other university?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oxfordshire
- Hotels in Oxfordshire
- Transportation in Oxfordshire
- Nightlife in Oxfordshire
- Restaurants in Oxfordshire
- Shopping in Oxfordshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Oxfordshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oxfordshire
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Oxfordshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oxfordshire
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 172 reviews, 476 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 98 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 226 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 49 reviews, 197 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 45 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Berlin Intro, 52 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 42 reviews, 161 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 144 photos
- Krakow Intro, 34 reviews, 140 photos, 8 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (158)
Top Oxfordshire hotels
- Oxford Hotels
- 964 Reviews - 2012 Photos
- Burford Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Henley on Thames Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 61 Photos
- Abingdon-on-Thames Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Woodstock Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Bicester Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 16 Photos
- Banbury Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 204 Photos
- Chipping Norton Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Witney Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Rollright Stones Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Dorchester Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 38 Photos