"I live here!" Top 5 Page for this destination Greenville by GreenvilleRealtor

Greenville Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 108 photos

Different eyes...

I have lived many places in my lifetime, but moved to Greenville in 2002. I look back on the places I've lived as stepping stones to my final home in Greenville. It is so hard to describe in words how truly amazing this place is.

Festivals, Festivals, Festivals!!!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the amount of activities for every taste in our town. I can't name them all, but I can definitely go over the major events and major venues.

During the core festival season(as I like to call it), you will find everything to keep you busy and most everything outdoors. I think this season really tends to begin with St. Patricks Day at the newly finished Falls Park(www.fallspark.com). This is literally right in the center of downtown, and if that's confusing, you'll have to see it to believe it.

After St. Patricks Day, everything gets started about 2 weeks later. April through October bring everything from Main St. Jazz and Downtown Alive(information for both can be found at www.greenvilleevents.com) to Furman Concerts on the Lake(www.furman.edu) to Moonlight Movies at the Peace Center Ampitheater(www.peacecenter.org) ... I could literally go on and on. The bottom line is that it all culminates with Fall for Greenville in mid-October which attracts just under 200,000 to our city.

1. Main Street Jazz is a weekly event(Apr-Oct) occurring every Friday night(5pm-10pm) right on Main Street in downtown Greenville in front of the Hyatt. Enjoy a glass of wine or a beer as the sun sets in downtown while listening to Jazz acts from all over the East Coast.

2. Downtown Alive is a weekly event(Apr-Oct) occuring every Thursday night(5:30pm-8pm) in Piazza Bergamo across the street from the intersection of Main and Coffee Streets. This event features what I would consider to be Modern Rock bands from around the Southeast.

3. Furman Concerts on the Lake(June & July) are the perfect event in order to completely relax as the week comes to a close. Featuring primarily symphonies from around the Southeast, this event takes place in the areas surrounding the picturesque lake at Furman University.

4. Moonlight Movies at the Peace Center Ampitheater is almost self-explanatory. Every Wednesday at dusk in May and September all are welcome to this event behind the Peace Center. Movies play on a big screen, so bring a blanket or the collapsable chair, and enjoy.

5. Fall for Greenville is once again, the culmination of all outdoor events in the Greater Greenville area. It brings nearly 200,000 people to downtown Greenville during the second weekend of October. Music, food, you name it, and you'll find it all on 7 block length of Main Street which is blocked off for the entire weekend. In 2004, this event featured 40 restaurants, musicians (the likes of Gretchen Wilson), ice carving, cook-offs, and more.

Location, Location, Location...

One thing I love about Greenville is not only convenience in and around town, but convenience to other destinations as well. We're within 3 hours of beaches, mountains, tons of lakes, major cities, etc...

• Pros:Weather (all four seasons, but short cold seasons), amazing people, practically every restaurant imaginable, relaxing...I could go on and on.
  • Cons:It's going to take me a while to figure one out.
  • In a nutshell:Truly an amazing place to live or visit!
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2006

GreenvilleRealtor Lives Here!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Greenville

Have you been to Greenville?

Latest Activity in Greenville