"Costa Rica: Amazing Nature and Warm People" Costa Rica by AlwaysATourist
Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,963 reviews and 13,931 photos
Upon arriving in Costa Rica we was spent the first day in the capital San Jose before traveling to Playa Tambor on the Nicoya peninsula 5 hours away. San Jose is cosmopolitan and safe compared to other Central American countries, in my opinion. It does lack the indigenous charm of a Guatemala, though. In fact, it seems a world apart from its neighbors, meaning neither good nor bad.
It was wonderful to visit warm Playa Tambor in February when you are from NYC! We stayed at an all-inclusive resort with wonderful amenities and people warmer than the weather.
Although we did not visit some of the more famous nature sites such as Arenal we did visit the incredible Poas Volcano and participated in nature walks.
- Pros:Nature, San Jose's cosmopolitan nature: museums, theaters
- Cons:Lack of indigenous Indian presence
- In a nutshell:Nothing Like Guatemala-Loved Both!
AlwaysATourist's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "Muy Bueno"
- "9 Days in Costa Rica"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
Top 5 Pages
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 3 photos
- Miami Intro, 3 photos
- Santo Domingo Intro, 3 photos