"Always A Tourist" AlwaysATourist's Profile

Tourist in My Own Back Yard-Queens, NYC

Hi. I am a proud resident of New York City, Culture Capital of the World. I am also fortunate to live in the borough of Queens, the multicultural hub of New York City. When I am not traveling I am kept entertained by exploring my own surrounding neighborhoods. I am within walking distance to many of our ethnic restaurants. On any given day within a short walk I can sample Salvadoran papusas, Indian samosas, Bosnian bureks, Colombian empanadas, Italian homemade pastas, traditional Irish breakfast and more.

Manhattan

I hate New York winters but I would not want to live anywhere but New York City. (Maybe Puerto Vallarta in January and February, though!) Just 5 train stops away I am in New York City and have access to the world's greatest museums and theaters. One of my favorite places for dinner in Sylvia's in Harlem. Its a bit touristy but the Southern fare is worth the trip after a day of museum going!

Brooklyn

Brooklyn is becoming more and more of an interesting place to explore. It is a land of contrasts: from upper income homes to public housing to gentrifying neighborhoods. By far the most interesting place is Wiilamsburg, home to many different Latino groups, Hasidic Jews, Italians, and young artists and musicians among many others including the arrival of Polish immigrants.

• Intro Updated Jun 30, 2006

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:18 AM

Happy Birthday!

• sararosa's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 8:00 PM

to always a tourist: I am originally from Astoria Queens and now reside in the south. I also have a grandmother who was from Grumo Appula and visited the town this past dec. 2006 I did collect while there all family birth records it was great! Sararosa

• Kaynisa's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 4:57 AM

Heya.. Happy birthday to you♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Happy birthday to you ♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ Greetings from Malaysia~~K~~

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM

Happy birthday to you and enjoy the day.:-)

• zanzooni's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 9:33 PM

Hello from a an X-NewYorker, albeit from upstate...~

• pa_leni's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2006 at 7:01 PM

Just for notice (I`m at work) burek (original) is from Bosnia&Herzegovina. Leni :)

• Basandro's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 6:28 AM

Happy to have you in the club!! Ciao and see you in puglia very soon. Ale

• Jul 29, 2005 at 6:23 AM

Welcome to VT. Greetings from India.

• paulinuk2u's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 1:44 PM

hi and welcome to vt have an interesting time paul

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
AlwaysATourist's Profile Photo

AlwaysATourist

“Life is too interesting and too short not to travel... Always a tourist...even at home in NYC!”

Ranked Member