"Always A Tourist" AlwaysATourist's Profile
Hi. I am a proud resident of New York City, Culture Capital of the World. I am also fortunate to live in the borough of Queens, the multicultural hub of New York City. When I am not traveling I am kept entertained by exploring my own surrounding neighborhoods. I am within walking distance to many of our ethnic restaurants. On any given day within a short walk I can sample Salvadoran papusas, Indian samosas, Bosnian bureks, Colombian empanadas, Italian homemade pastas, traditional Irish breakfast and more.
I hate New York winters but I would not want to live anywhere but New York City. (Maybe Puerto Vallarta in January and February, though!) Just 5 train stops away I am in New York City and have access to the world's greatest museums and theaters. One of my favorite places for dinner in Sylvia's in Harlem. Its a bit touristy but the Southern fare is worth the trip after a day of museum going!
Brooklyn is becoming more and more of an interesting place to explore. It is a land of contrasts: from upper income homes to public housing to gentrifying neighborhoods. By far the most interesting place is Wiilamsburg, home to many different Latino groups, Hasidic Jews, Italians, and young artists and musicians among many others including the arrival of Polish immigrants.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 3 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- AlwaysATourist and paulinuk2u are now friends.
- Commented on zanzooni's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Always A Tourist"
- Wrote a Review Enjoy Nature in Costa Rica Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoy Nature"
- Posted in Travel Bari Forum "Grumo Appula"
- created a Provincia de San Pedro de Macorís Travel Page "Pretty Quaint Town"
PhotosSee All Photos (36)
Top 5 Pages
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 3 photos
- Miami Intro, 3 photos
- Santo Domingo Intro, 3 photos