"It's our little secret" Lake Hawea by aserafica
Lake Hawea Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Not many people have heard of Lake Hawea even with some New Zealanders. Its about 20 kilometres from the town of Lake Wanaka. If you are looking for a really quiet place to get away from it all, this is it. No big hotels here, just a few family run motels and B & B's. Featured here is the view from the backyard of our friends house. The front view of the house is of snow capped mountains.
About 58 kilometres north west of Wanaka. On the way to Haas Pass. Near Macarora.
Even the pebbles are clean. Not any human garbage in sight. A truly spiritual experience, not to mention the breathtaking views.
- Pros:You can get away from it all. Total serenity.
- Cons:off the beaten track
- In a nutshell:For nature lovers, adventure warriors, skiers, extreme sports
Ok, you've done your skiing, white water rafting, tramping (as New Zealanders call bush walking) , the snow isn't too... more travel advice
aserafica's Related Pages
Lake Hawea Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lake Hawea
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lake Hawea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Hawea
Photos in Lake HaweaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Sukhothai Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Lake Hawea Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Phuket Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Melbourne 1 review, 4 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Sydney Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- San Francisco 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.