"Torquay" Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay by aserafica
Torquay Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 80 photos
Except for a few weeks of the year (long hot weekends and summer public holidays) Torquay is a quiet getaway from Melbourne. It's November and its already hot and steamy and still, there are stretches of beach where you will be forgiven for thinikng that you are all alone in your own beach.
There are parts of the beach where dogs are allowed. Young families with their toddlers are a common site. Still not many sun worshiuppers around yet.
My friends and I always make it a point to come here for happy hour. There's always free food and the beer is cheap. The crowd is not bad either. Young families late afternoon to early evening, then the cool hip young crowd takes over. Casual and laid back. Locals are friendly. There's a small kids play area in front. Right on the Esplanade.
- Pros:Good beaches, surf, good cafes, easy life
- Cons:Hard to get to by public transport
- In a nutshell:I want to move to this place soon!
Of course, aside from surfing, this area is world famous for its rugged and breathtaking scenery. People from all over... more travel advice
Nothing beats staying in a good friends house. The best company in the coast. The laughter and tears that's shared are... more travel advice
aserafica's Related Pages
Torquay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Torquay - Surf Coast Capital"
- "Home Town"
- "Bells Beach"
- "Torquay, surf capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torquay
- Hotels in Torquay
- Transportation in Torquay
- Nightlife in Torquay
- Restaurants in Torquay
- Shopping in Torquay
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Torquay
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Torquay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torquay
Photos in TorquaySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Sukhothai Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Lake Hawea Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Phuket Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Melbourne 1 review, 4 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Sydney Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- San Francisco 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.
Latest Torquay hotel reviews
- Bells Beach Backpackers
- 1 Review & Opinion