Parque Nacional Canaima Things to Do Tips by Josilver Top 5 Page for this destination
Parque Nacional Canaima Things to Do: 26 reviews and 53 photos
Once you have hike though the hot steamy jungle to the viewing spot for Angel falls you can cool off in a water hole at the base of another small water fall
Angel Falls are the tallest water fall in the world at 979 metres. From the top of the river it is about a 2 hour hike through the jungle to near the base of the falls - the veiwing spot for the falls has another small set of waterfalls and a pool for swimming.
Caniama Lagoon is not only beautiful is is also a great place to relax and swim in the coloured water. Most accomodation in Canaima is located around the lagoon so you can escape from the heat in the water
The Tepuis are table-like mountains (mesas) mainly found in Venezuela. These geological formations made of precambrian sandstone rocks. Angel falls are located on the Auyantepui . On the trip up the rive and flight from Ciudad Bolivar you can see many Tepius
Inorder to get to Angel fall you first have to take the long ride up the Churon river, if you are not thinking about your sore butt take the time to enjoy the scenery
It is a once in a life time opportunity to sleep in the middle of the jungle in a hammock and believe me it is suprisingly comfortable.
It is not just about the waterfall, take time to look at the beautiful plants and flowers in this remote part of the world. This is an Orchid native to Canaima
Thge walk though thejungle to the fall presents plenty of opportunities to be at one with the jungle and try out your Tarzan style on a jungle vine - it is harder than it looks
More Reviews (5)
Josilver's Related Pages
Parque Nacional Canaima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOU MUST NOT FEAR!!!"
- "...the lost world..."
- "Angel Falls"
- "Flying towards Canaima"
- "Canaima and Angel Falls"
- "Angel Falls - Canaima Park - Venezuela"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Hotels in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Transportation in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional Canaima
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional Canaima
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mount Revelstoke National Park Hotels
- Gaspar Hernández Hotels
- La Puntica de Juan Dolio Hotels
- Al Khawd Hotels
- Distrito de Portalegre
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional Canaima
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Parque Nacional Canaima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional Canaima
Photos in Parque Nacional CanaimaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milford Sound Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Antarctica Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- San José Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Dunedin Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Cradle Mountain-Lake Saint Clair National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Uganda Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Hamilton Island Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos