"Where we like to feed the ducks..." Eau Claire by americanwildchild
Eau Claire Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 8 photos
I am originally from Wisconsin. I was born in the tiny farm town of Stanley, population around 1,000. I don't know how interested the rest of the world is in Stanley or Thorp, Wisconsin, where I spent my childhood, so I will, for the moment, post photos of the nearest city --Eau Claire---where I lived from 1995 to 1998. It certainly defined my character, and I still spend a good amount of time there when I am home.
The Chippewa River rolls through the downtown area and makes for nice strolling. I loved to sit on a bench on the footbridge that crosses the river and look out at the moon on summer nights. This photo was actually taken from that bench.
I met some very nice people in Eau Claire and it was an afternoon and late night favorite past time to go down to the sandback of the chippewa and feed the ducks. This was code for another past time, we will leave that to your imagination.
The winters are cold and hard to bear, even being a native. You will find yourself gulping beer and whiskey to stay warm in one of the many watering holes dotted along the river and in the college area.
I loved it here though. The people are warm and friendly, innocent and unhurried. It's a great place to raise your children and get close with your family. You can make nice friends that will last a lifetime.
- Pros:very safe, CHEAP beer, friendly people, light traffic, river rafting and tubing...
- Cons:icy cold winter, not too cultural, land--locked, flat...
- In a nutshell:I like to drink there in the true dives, and if you need a tour guide call me.
americanwildchild's Related Pages
Eau Claire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An overnight stop on a long road-trip"
- "EAU CLAIRE, my original hometown"
- "Where we like to feed the ducks..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eau Claire
- Hotels in Eau Claire
- Nightlife in Eau Claire
- Restaurants in Eau Claire
- Warnings and Dangers in Eau Claire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eau Claire
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Eau Claire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eau Claire
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Key West Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Ocracoke Island Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Eau Claire hotel reviews
- Park Inn & Suites Eau Claire
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Heartland Inn Eau Claire
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Metropolis Resort
- 278 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Country Inn Suites Eau Claire
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- Fanny Hill
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 8, 2013