"Where we like to feed the ducks..." Eau Claire by americanwildchild

Eau Claire Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 8 photos

Going home...

I am originally from Wisconsin. I was born in the tiny farm town of Stanley, population around 1,000. I don't know how interested the rest of the world is in Stanley or Thorp, Wisconsin, where I spent my childhood, so I will, for the moment, post photos of the nearest city --Eau Claire---where I lived from 1995 to 1998. It certainly defined my character, and I still spend a good amount of time there when I am home.

The Chippewa River rolls through the downtown area and makes for nice strolling. I loved to sit on a bench on the footbridge that crosses the river and look out at the moon on summer nights. This photo was actually taken from that bench.

I met some very nice people in Eau Claire and it was an afternoon and late night favorite past time to go down to the sandback of the chippewa and feed the ducks. This was code for another past time, we will leave that to your imagination.

The winters are cold and hard to bear, even being a native. You will find yourself gulping beer and whiskey to stay warm in one of the many watering holes dotted along the river and in the college area.

I loved it here though. The people are warm and friendly, innocent and unhurried. It's a great place to raise your children and get close with your family. You can make nice friends that will last a lifetime.

• Pros:very safe, CHEAP beer, friendly people, light traffic, river rafting and tubing...
  • Cons:icy cold winter, not too cultural, land--locked, flat...
  • In a nutshell:I like to drink there in the true dives, and if you need a tour guide call me.
  • Last visit to Eau Claire: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 27, 2005

Comments

americanwildchild

“Follow your heart and always be true.”

Badges & Stats in Eau Claire

Have you been to Eau Claire?

Latest Activity in Eau Claire