"There is so much beauty in and around this place." Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville by americanwildchild
Asheville Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 980 photos
Asheville is my home.
It is so completely green, overflowing with vines and flowering plants. It is easy to kick back on the porch with some sweet tea and listen to the blues and not really care what the heck is happening elsewhere.
I have travelled in and out of this town for the last couple years. It is the only destination I have ever returned to live in. It is friendly and outgoing, casual and warm. You will find people like to do their own thing here, go to the beat of their own drum, whatever...
It is a mix of hippies and punks, retirees and nurses, mexicans and irish, bluegrass and hip hop, sex pistols and grateful dead, artists and bankers, buddhists and baptists, peaches and figs. As small as it is, you will find someone or something that suits you. I guarantee it!
Summer is almost over, soon it won't look like the shire....and I intend to head to the mountains to share with you some of the most spectacular fall foliage in the east! I don't mean to compete with Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine, but it's just as bright and we have warmer, sunnier days. Once again, North Carolina shines...
- Pros:green, rainy, warm, outgoing, musical, not too big, magnolias, crickets, hiking, waterfalls......
- Cons:haze, slow, uneventful winters, a little far from the sea (my opinion)
- In a nutshell:come on over and relax in the Apps. you won't be disappointed.
I will definitely start taking pictures of other watering holes around town. This camera doesn't do well at night, so... more travel advice
In Asheville most of it is tasteful and entertaining, usually political.........I have always been interested in this... more travel advice
americanwildchild's Related Pages
Asheville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unique city with the largest house in the USA!"
- "Amazing Asheville"
- "b1bob's edifying Asheville adventures"
- "asheville north carolina"
- "There is so much beauty in and around this place."
- "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out in Asheville!"
- "A Beautiful Mountain City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asheville
- Hotels in Asheville
- Transportation in Asheville
- Nightlife in Asheville
- Restaurants in Asheville
- Shopping in Asheville
- Warnings and Dangers in Asheville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asheville
- 16 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Asheville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asheville
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Key West Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- North Carolina Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Estado de Oaxaca Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Ocracoke Island Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.