"They really live insde the mountain!" Shanini by Mara_2
Shanini Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 93 photos
During XI and XII century, the Arabs invaded the territory and forced the local inhabitant to divide: a part remained nomadic and mingle with Arabs and the other part choose to stop wandering. As the territory is hostile and the climate is very difficult, they choose an unusual way: they started buiding their home inside the mountains!
These people also speaks a language that is completely different from Arab one.
They dug their houses inside the mountain because the external temperature: during the night is very cold and during the day very hot. Inside their homes the temperature is naturally maintained the same: 20-21°C.
Mara_2's Related Pages
Shanini Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chenini, Douirat and Ksar Ouled Debbab"
- "Chenini : some more photos"
- "They really live insde the mountain!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanini
- Transportation in Shanini
- Restaurants in Shanini
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanini
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shanini
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Shanini?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanini
Top 10 Pages
- Maldives Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Asdu Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Papua Province Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Pulau Gangga Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Batala Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Singapore 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Mahé Intro, 5 reviews
- Seychelles Intro, 3 reviews