"Mapalapascua - you'll love it!" Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island by Mara_2

Malapascua Island Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 385 photos

We have returned on 13/10/2007

I've just downloaded the photos from my camera!

Well, my husband and me loved the three weeks we've spent on Malapascua. It's such a nice and relaxing place!

The beaches are really great and the people is so nice and friendly!

We took our Nitrox licence and enjoyed some really relaxing dives!

The corals are the best I've seen anywhere (even better than the Red Sea!!!) but there are almost no fishes! We've been very surprised by it! There are a lot of nudibranches, shrimps and a lot of small staff, but the fishes are almost completely absent! I think it is because the fishermen continue to fish with dynamite! During a few dives we had outside the Marine Park, we felt very strongly the dynamite blast and I can assure you it was very, very unpleasant! The first time I thought that my tank have exploded!
We really hope that the people of Malapascua will stop this because otherwise the divers will stop coming!

I’ve also seen the famous thrasher shark! It has been exciting! It is a really big beast! He has come from the deep and then glided leisurely beside us! I seemed that he was showing himself!

During the same dive I also saw three mantas! Fantastic! It has been years that I wanted to see mantas and then in just one dive I saw three! Great!!!!

• Pros:Nice people, beautiful beaches, great corals
  • Cons:Dynamite fishing! Deseased dogs wandering around!
  • Last visit to Malapascua Island: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 28, 2008

Mara_2

“Travelling is dreaming”

Badges & Stats in Malapascua Island

Have you been to Malapascua Island?

Photos in Malapascua Island