"Travel, travel, travel!!!" Mara_2's Profile

Well, one could say that I work to pay my travel expenses!
I just love travelling, but somehow I keep returning to places that I have already visited... I really don't know why... It could be that I get attached to them, or maybe I like to feel home... anyway, as you can see from my list of visited places, I just do it!

And how could I not be doing it? The places I've seen are all mostly tropical sea-shores and I cannot resist to scenaries like this! It's pure bliss waking up early in the morning and enjoying a marvelous sunrise on a deserted beach! It's incomparable! There's such a silence and such a beauty! One just feel recharged!

Maybe we who have lived all our lives in big cities are in love with deserted beaches, or may be it is something that steams from the Garden of Eden ancestry... Who knows...

Something about me

I know you're curious - I'm curious about other people to, so I know the feeling very well! :D

I'm happily married. We celebrated our 15 years of marriage last May (2007) and we are happy as the first day!

Where other people love music, I'm indifferent at best. It could depend on the fact that I could be described as tone-deaf, but music is not essential to me, more, I prefer silence.

On the other side, I couldn't live without reading. I have hundred of books and keep buying others. The strange thing about me is that I can read the same book dozens of times and always find it interesting as the first time! My dream (and it is a dream since I know for certain that it will never come true) is to have a huge room with a huge library - as the one that castles have - two or three stories high and expandable at will!

I love company, but sometimes I really need to be alone. I feel it as refreshing and relaxing.

I like diving. I like the feeling of freedom it gives. When underwater one is without weight and drifting on a slow current feels like flying - it's almost magical!

And of course I love travelling. Not only travelling, but also planning a travel. I love finding places that both my husband and I would like to go to. I love finding accomodation that's right for both of us. I love flying, or driving, or sailting to that place. I love the emotion of the night before departure and the thrilling I feel when I wake up and the vacation starts! And the more distant the chosen place, the better are the sensations! I love the contact with the local people (even if I know that a serious contact is something else, but I'm happy even with such a brief contact as 2-3 weeks vacation can give), I love putting my feet on a far away soil for the first time, I love the feeling of the air never breathed before in my lungs, the sight of foreign plant.... I love every and all these sensations!

• Intro Updated Jul 25, 2007

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I hope that your special day is full of fun and happiness and everything that you enjoy.

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Happy Birthday Mara! Best wishes on your special day.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Hi ! Mara..Happy birth day..

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• tranceperent's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Hi, this is manish from India. i have created a VT meet in april for milan. Hope you can join us

• yann.ng's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 1:11 AM

Dear Mara, Thanks for your comments on my PG travel page. I did not photos with me when i added the page, but i'll update asap. Will keep you posted once i've done so. Cheers! yann

• Marina_tom's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Ciao Mara! Molto grazie per il augurio! Si, mi piace Milano moltissimo anche i genti! Bacio! Marina

• limledi's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 2:32 AM

Hi Mara. Thanks for your comment. Sept & Oct are typhoon months. Better to come during summer Apr & May.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 8:45 AM

I love that picture and the answer is YES. Thank you for the b'day wishes and Happy belated Birthday to you.

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Oh, you would love Grand Cayman & the Stingrays. Their belly's are sooo soft. But I see you have been to Pualu. Who jealous now!!! Me!!! Btw, the pic on your home page is just gorgeous!!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!