"The Gem that's Goa" Top 5 Page for this destination Goa by BluBluBlu
Goa Travel Guide: 2,068 reviews and 3,933 photos
Goa is one of India's smallest states situated on the west coast about 350 miles south of Mumbai (a one hour flight). Its relatively small in area and you can drive from North to South in about 3 to 4 hours. A large number of Charter flights from Europe bring tourists in in the 'main season' ie October to May, but there are travellers here from all around the world most of the year.
Its a great mixture of Indian & Portuguese history, in a tropical setting, with a lively cosmopolitan feel to it.
Once a major retreat on the 'travellers' trek around India it now also has tons of tourists from all over Europe and beyond. Over the past five years their has been a significant increase in Indians from other states visiting Goa, both over the Christmas/New year period and again in May.
Goa covers so many interests...from birdwatching and fishing, to Hindu Temples and Old Gothic Churches, Portuguese architecture to lush green paddy fields. And of course there are the glorious beaches, restaurants, and nightlife!
If you read any of my tips...can you give them a rating as to their usefulness...good or bad! And leave a comment so I know who's been reading them...many thanks!
I'm currently living in Goa, specifically in Calangute...so if you have any questions about North Goa that my tips do not cover then feel free to drop me an email...
- Pros:Sunshine...and friendly locals...
Great food in a lovely setting with lots of huge palms and greenery...but during the day it doubles as a travel agency,... more travel advice
This lake is in East Goa...very quiet & peaceful. In itself its not that brilliant but if you derive here via Porvorim... more travel advice
- See All The 'in' place
- See All Medical tourism!
- See All Fabulous!
- See All Slide, slide, slide!
- See All Nice and cool!
- See All Arpora Chapel
Written Feb 20, 2007
Calangute Carnival 2007
Written May 17, 2007
Panaji or Panjim...your choice!
BluBluBlu's Related Pages
Goa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gem that's Goa"
- "Sun, Sand, & Shacks in Goa"
- "My Goa Experience"
- "GOLDEN GOA - WHERE FUN NEVER SETS !"
- "Just right..."
- "Succulence, Sun, Spices & Shacks - GOA!"
- "Baga, Goa - just a taste of India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goa
- Hotels in Goa
- Transportation in Goa
- Nightlife in Goa
- Restaurants in Goa
- Shopping in Goa
- Warnings and Dangers in Goa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goa
- 144 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 849 Forum posts
- 87 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Goa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goa
Photos in GoaSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 133 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Intro, 144 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greenwich Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Mysore Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- India Intro, 22 reviews, 11 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
No friends yet.