"England 2011" London by Rubia_1

London Travel Guide: 25,630 reviews and 58,534 photos

A New Adventure

In September 2011 I spent a few days in England, mostly touring London, and then headed south to spend time in Africa. While in Africa, I visited Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Cape Town. It was an incredible trip! I made new friends, got acquainted with African culture, and spent time at four remote bush camps enjoying the adventure of a photo safari. While in England, I stayed at the Simone Luna Hotel in London. Not a fancy place, but tidy, reasonably priced, and well positioned for tourists who want to see London and the surrounding area. The hotel clerks were friendly and helpful. They offered great advice for getting around the city and were able to get me scheduled for a bus tour to Stonehenge.

Trip Overview

Yes, I did as many of the touristy activities as I could pack into a three day stay in England. :) I visited the Royal Observatory, toured Stonehenge, watched the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, strolled through a beautiful city park, and took in the view of the glittering city from the London Eye at night.

If you want to take the ride on the London Eye, I recommend that you purchase your tickets ahead of time so that you don't have to wait in a long line. The hotel clerk at the Luna Simone Hotel was able to help me with this.

The London walking tours are a great way to learn more about the city and its rich history! There are a wide range of choices from "The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour" to "Ghosts of the Old City". The price is very reasonable - 8 pounds, 6 pounds for age 65+ and full time students, and free for children under the age of 15 when accompanied by a parent. Go to this website for more information: www.walks.com

I took a half-day Stonehenge tour through the Golden Tour company. They offer a wide variety of tours. Go to their website for more information:
www.goldentours.com

I would recommend the early morning tour of Stonehenge if you would like to avoid crowds and have an opportunity to take good photos.

I also enjoyed a river tour of the city and would definitely recommend it.

• Pros:A wonderful city with a rich history!
  • Cons:Expensive.
  • Last visit to London: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Travelogues (1)

Rubia_1

“It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves. ~AndrÚ Gide”

Badges & Stats in London