"Tynemouth" Tynemouth by Maxus

Tynemouth Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 101 photos

A little over-shadowed by its noisy neighbour (Whitley Bay) Tynemouth is one of those places that is sort of worth seeing but not really worth going to see.

However it is very handy for Newcastle so if you are visiting the area and you fancy a blast of bracing North Sea air jump on the Metro and you can be here in no time.

For an easy but interesting walk get off the Metro at Tynemouth and walk along the sea front to Whitley Bay (or the other way round).

I work here sometimes running conferences and training courses and it is also next door to North Shields from which I make fairly frequent ferry trips to Amsterdam (See the tip attached to my North Shields page)

I am sure there is lots to see and do round here and so I intend to add to this page during 2008. I can’t say I am an expert on the place but if you have a question you can give me a try.

• Last visit to Tynemouth: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2008

• craic's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 7:13 AM

if you find something on the beach you can donate it to this museum

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2008 at 5:34 AM

Thanks for the comment on my Middle East page. I see their adverts on Ske News everyday. I used to live in Tynemouth, but never saw this place. Will have to go back.

Maxus Visits Here Frequently!

Maxus

“Respect (and if in doubt have another banana)”

Badges & Stats in Tynemouth

Have you been to Tynemouth?

Latest Activity in Tynemouth