"Hatton" Hatton by Maxus
Hatton Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos
I like Hatton, okay its about as inland as you can get but beaches aside this area is some of the very best that Sri Lanka has to offer. What surprised me most was how few tourists there are here, even at the height of the season, it was dreamy and I really didn’t want to leave.
Walking through the town, swapping ‘good mornings’ with the largely Tamil (and incredibly friendly) local population, Hatton is like Sri Lanka used to be, when foreigners were made welcome.
Around the town there is one breathtaking view after the other (including glimpses of Sri Pada). Take the A7 out of town and walk, bus or drive your way around the Castle Reach reservoir on the B71, magnificent.
Good transport links (railway, buses and vans for hire) make this an excellent base for exploring a particularly beautiful part of the world, I’m not a hiker but if I was, I can’t imagine where I would rather be. Go there.
- In a nutshell:Cool, bustling, friendly (and rather a lot of tea).
Maxus' Related Pages
Hatton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Adam's Peak"
- "Tea, Water Falls and Mountains"
- "MISTY HILLS IN UPCOUNTRY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hatton
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Hatton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hatton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 94 reviews, 223 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lancashire Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos
- Heysham Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- England 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Matara Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Bharuch Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Haputale Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Negombo Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Scarborough Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Kataragama Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos