"Al Ain" Top 5 Page for this destination Al `Ayn by Janani

Al `Ayn Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 118 photos

I have a friend who works and lives here, so I've visited and stayed with her quite a few times. Generally, when I visit, we book a hotel in Dubai or Abu Dhabi for the weekends, where there is plenty to do and of course it's nice to be on the coast but, during the week, when she's working and I'm staying at her flat, I have a really relaxing time here: taking a day membership at the pool and health club of a local hotel, visiting the beauty salon or wandering round the local shops and larger malls. The people working here seem to have time to stop and chat; it's a great place to encounter people from all different countries and find out about their lives here and back home. I was surprised that there are also quite a few things for tourists to do. These are really well sign posted and most of the taxi drivers I used knew the area very well, even though they were originally from other countries, so I never had a problem finding things to do and have always enjoyed staying here.

• Last visit to Al `Ayn: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 11, 2005

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 6:34 AM

Nice tips!

• painterdave's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 9:59 PM

These tips on transportation is exactly what people need as they are not usually covered in a tour book. It gives confidence to do it yourselfers by providing facts they need. Nice going.

• Rischard's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 4:03 AM

What a nice experiance to be in Al-ayn, I had been there and enjoyed the peace full anti stress atmosphare down there.

Badges & Stats in Al `Ayn

Have you been to Al `Ayn?

Latest Activity in Al `Ayn