"~Libnan, Liban, Lebanon~" Lebanon by miso80
Lebanon Travel Guide: 2,473 reviews and 5,914 photos
And so, you've decided on Lebanon as your holiday destination, or your trip of adventure! Whatever your intentions are..be ready to set out on a voyage of fundamental discovery.
Lebanon has so more faces than can be dealt with in a single visit..with each new season a different treasure is revealed and exciting secrets seem to unfold...and with each visit you become more at risk of falling in love with this country. If you do, then Lebanon has truly delivered its message to you, and you cannot be blames for having been too liberal with your emotions.
Let this country sweep you away...from its vibrant capital Beirut to its sun-warmed beaches, from its high cool hills to its rocky landscapes...This country so rich with its culture, beliefs and traditions will fill you up with sensations like you never imagined...and will also fill up your bellys with its delicious middle-eastern dishes.
Beirut: The Capital of the Republic of Lebanon
Geography: East of the Mediterranean Sea, neighboured from Land by Syria, Jordan and Palestine. It has a narrow coastal littoral with two mountain ranges running north to south divided by the Beqaa valley.
Latitude: 33 deg. South, 34.40 deg. North
Longitude: 35 deg. West, 36.40 deg. East
Total Surface: 10, 452 sq. km
Highest Point: Kornet el Saouda at 3, 083 km from sea level.
Timing: GMT +2 November - April
GMT +3, May - October
Currency: Lebanese Lira (Pound) is the local currency, however other international currencies (esp. USD is used) and/or easily exchanged around Lebanon.
Languages: The arabic language with the Lebanese dialect is the dialogue language in Lebanon.
First Language (official) is Arabic.
Second Language is French.
However, English is winning further ground in the business sector..and most Lebanese are known for being bilingual - majority speak at least two languages.
- Pros:My home - full of love, warmth, life and beauty
- Cons:Too much love can kill ya :-P
- In a nutshell:The Place I Know I Will Always Return To
Spent a beautiful evening on the coast of Byblos this Sunday. Although the ancient byblos souk was closed, and most of... more travel advice
This is a yearly even that takes place during July-August. One of the most beautiful palaces in Lebanon hosts the... more travel advice
miso80's Related Pages
Lebanon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Half Lebanese in my Blood...Welcome to Lebanon!"
- "Lebanon - The pearl of the Medeterranian Sea"
- "Lebanon - the heart of the Levant"
- "So small so similar"
- "A long lost home..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lebanon
- Hotels in Lebanon
- Transportation in Lebanon
- Nightlife in Lebanon
- Restaurants in Lebanon
- Shopping in Lebanon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lebanon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lebanon
- 93 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lebanon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lebanon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 58 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tyre Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Warwick Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos