"~Libnan, Liban, Lebanon~" Lebanon by miso80

Lebanon Travel Guide: 2,470 reviews and 5,908 photos

And so, you've decided on Lebanon as your holiday destination, or your trip of adventure! Whatever your intentions are..be ready to set out on a voyage of fundamental discovery.

Lebanon has so more faces than can be dealt with in a single visit..with each new season a different treasure is revealed and exciting secrets seem to unfold...and with each visit you become more at risk of falling in love with this country. If you do, then Lebanon has truly delivered its message to you, and you cannot be blames for having been too liberal with your emotions.

Let this country sweep you away...from its vibrant capital Beirut to its sun-warmed beaches, from its high cool hills to its rocky landscapes...This country so rich with its culture, beliefs and traditions will fill you up with sensations like you never imagined...and will also fill up your bellys with its delicious middle-eastern dishes.

Lebanon at a Glance

Beirut: The Capital of the Republic of Lebanon

Geography: East of the Mediterranean Sea, neighboured from Land by Syria, Jordan and Palestine. It has a narrow coastal littoral with two mountain ranges running north to south divided by the Beqaa valley.

Latitude: 33 deg. South, 34.40 deg. North
Longitude: 35 deg. West, 36.40 deg. East

Total Surface: 10, 452 sq. km

Highest Point: Kornet el Saouda at 3, 083 km from sea level.

Timing: GMT +2 November - April
GMT +3, May - October

Currency: Lebanese Lira (Pound) is the local currency, however other international currencies (esp. USD is used) and/or easily exchanged around Lebanon.

Languages: The arabic language with the Lebanese dialect is the dialogue language in Lebanon.
First Language (official) is Arabic.
Second Language is French.
However, English is winning further ground in the business sector..and most Lebanese are known for being bilingual - majority speak at least two languages.

• Pros:My home - full of love, warmth, life and beauty
  • Cons:Too much love can kill ya :-P
  • In a nutshell:The Place I Know I Will Always Return To
  • Last visit to Lebanon: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2006

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Ah yes, weekend mode while working. It should be illegal. Child abuse, or something like that.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 5:26 PM

I have the happiest memories of Lebanon from my two visits there. I'm certainly coming back - and bringing others with me as I did last time. Such a beautiful country - but Lebanon has the heart of the phoenix. leyle

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 8:00 AM

Lovely photos of your home country. Warm regards to you, and all the people of Lebanon at this terrible time.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2006 at 8:34 AM

Maysa, my thoughts are with you and your beautiful country. I visited Lebanon in 1995 still with traces of the war. I admired the energy of the people I felt in rebuilding the country. It´s a shame what happens now. Be safe and strong !

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 7:23 AM

I'm reading through your wonderful pages & hoping that you and your family are safe, Maysa.

• pharon's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 10:29 PM

all my prayers for your country

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 5:10 PM

I LOVE LEBANON, More pictures please. Az

• Jun 4, 2006 at 7:04 AM

can i use the amazing photo of Jounieh bay? from your homepage

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Wow! Who would have thought that Lebanon had skiing? Look out Lady! here we come!

• sarrahh's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2006 at 12:41 AM

Nice Page, waiting for more pics, Sarah Lebanon

miso80

“I haven't been everywhere but its on my list”

Badges & Stats in Lebanon

Have you been to Lebanon?

Latest Activity in Lebanon