"Stato della Citt? del Vaticano" Vatican City by miso80

Vatican City Travel Guide: 1,257 reviews and 3,855 photos

The Vatican Enclave

After walking around old charming Rome for a few days..my eyes, heart and soul where overflowing with enchantment. I thought that a trip to the Vatican City could not add to that wonder and splendor..nevertheless, I got onto the train from the port of civitavecchia into saint peter's square..and was awe-inspired almost
immediately!

The Vatican City is filled with artwork and beauty. Everything from the streets, the walls, the ceilings is a piece of work. I only had a few hours to take it all in, which was obviously not enough!

Some people visit this city to see the pope, or admire his premises..some visit it for the religious significance it holds for catholics worldwide..some visit it to admire Michelangelo's masterpieces and the Sistine Chapel.. I visited it cause it was a piece of history, a work of art, and something enriching for the soul.

It is true that this place is PACKED with tourists..you'll have people forging forward to take pics here and there, and you'll have oh so much queuing (which i hate)...but after I climbed the 500+ staircase to the top of the St. Peter's cathedral..and watched the sun come down on the Vatican City and parts of Rome..I took a deep breath and a sigh, and was SO glad to have made it here.

My tips hold some more details about the different things I visited..I've tried to remember all I could about my trip..I'm quite sure that the best emotions and thoughts and memories are never forgotten..so enjoy ;)

View from Above!

This picture was taken from the utmost top part of St. Peter's..After climbing 500+ steps..this is only one angle of what we got to see...It was breath-taking and utterly magical...

• Last visit to Vatican City: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 2, 2006

miso80

“I haven't been everywhere but its on my list”

Badges & Stats in Vatican City

Have you been to Vatican City?