Beirut Favorite Tips by miso80 Top 5 Page for this destination
Beirut Favorites: 90 reviews and 86 photos
The Whole of Chez Andre
Favorite thing: If you want to have an experience of the old Beirut...of a place that still holds the memories and the smiles and the faces of Beirut's 60's and 70's till this day..go and visit Chez Andre in Hamra.
I was wondering whether to place this tip under the Restaurant tip/Nightlife tip..but I decided that this was a place that anyone with a little curiosity as to what a bar looked like 20-30 years ago should go and visit Chez Andre.
Try out the soujok and maqaniq or have a drink, listen to Fairuz and talk to the owner over the counter..or simply look around at the pictures hung up on the wall of this tiny place..I believe that you will enjoy the experience..i know i did ;-)
Unfortunately, this place has been relocated. Rumour has it, that the owner of Chez Andre had a disagreement with the owner of the building in which this place is in...It is now located in a building on the main Hamra Street, right above Starbucks. I do not know if it still holds the charm of the old place..but it seems to be attracting a good crowd.
Favorite thing: If you do not have internet access, or which to obtain any phone number (restaurant, company, gym, etc.), all you have to do is dial 1515 from any phone (landline or mobile). You will then be prompted to click 1, 2, 3 to be redirected to an operator that speaks (Arabic, English or French). At that point, you can ask the operator what you wish to know.
Most of the times, it only requires them a minute to come out with the number. If it is a small place, then sometimes you'd have to mention the location (ex: in Hamra or Verdun) and will most probably help you out with this information.
Favorite thing: This is for everyone out there that's looking for a phone number or website about a company, restaurant, shop or place in Beirut and Lebanon..It is Lebanon's yellow pages.
If you have internet access, this will be the place to find all the contact information that you might need. If you prefer to use the phone, then from any land line dial 1515 and you will be connected to OGERO - the local phone company. You will have to dial (1 arabic, 2 english, 3 french) then you will have to dial (2 to reach the phone directory services). Then simply ask them about the information you desire.
English site: http://www.yellowpages.com.lb/
French site: http://www.pagesjaunes.com.lb/
More Reviews (55)
- See All Lebanese Food: Man'ouche
- See All The Hottest Club this Season (Fall 2006)
- See All Sit Down and Take It All In...
- See All For Budget Travellers
- See All A Nice Lunch at the 'Market'
miso80's Related Pages
Beirut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beirut - بيروت"
- "Home sweet home :-)"
- "**********MY HOME**********"
- "Beyrouth - the capital of Lebanon"
- "Beirut -a phoenix risen from the ashes"
- "BEIRUT - Independent - Free and - United"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beirut
- Hotels in Beirut
- Transportation in Beirut
- Nightlife in Beirut
- Restaurants in Beirut
- Shopping in Beirut
- Warnings and Dangers in Beirut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beirut
- 58 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Beirut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beirut
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 58 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tyre Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Warwick Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos