"Home sweet home :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut by miso80

Beirut Travel Guide: 922 reviews and 1,813 photos

Yet another day...

Lebanon! My country and home :-) I must say, I have been most unfair in leaving this page empty up til now...But, after checking out a lot of the other VT members pages on Beirut and the whole of Lebanon...I have decided that I had a duty to fulfill.

The sun is rising on yet another day over this beautiful city of mine...what will this day bring? This may not be the most known country in the world...but to me it is home...and to many it is such a beautiful place to visit...and to live. Lebanon is a mixture of the old and the new: culture, heritage, history...and modern day life: fashion, restaurants, life-style, night life, etc.

In my pages, I'll try to give you an accurate description of what it is like to visit this little country in the Middle East, and what it is like to live here.. Hope it will be useful :-) Enjoy!

Our sea, sun and sky!

The first picture that comes to my mind when I am travelling outside of Lebanon..and I close my eyes and think of home - I imagine the sea: wild in winter..green, blue..every shade there is to imagine..and warm, calm, peaceful and such a beautiful hue in the summer! I can feel the warm sun on my face...or smell the rain on the wet soil... oooh! How I love this place, this land!

Such a combination of beautiful weather (you get to experience every season)...delicious food (ask anyone)...culture and history (whether its the hippodrome of Tyre, the grand Baalbeck, the romantic Byblos...)...the modern day life and the nightlife (we just love to have fun)...The list is endless ;)

Land of Diversity

Beirut is one of the most diverse cities of the Middle East, as it is shared by Christians, Muslims, Druze, and previously Jews (who predominantly emigrated to the US when the Civil war broke).

In this small spot of land, around 18 different sects have called it home. It once led us to war...but today, we believe that it is this diversity that makes our county so rich...so unique.

Walk down the streets of downtown Beirut...and see the towering Minarets, and hear the church bells jingle...they are standing side-by-side and they have their doors wide open - ready to embrace whoever wishes to be embraced!

• Pros:We have it ALL ;-)
  • Cons:Come here with no prejudices or assumptions...or you'll never fit in.
  • In a nutshell:The place to be!
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Nice page

• Harroun's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM

He is right but when I was there I just ended up getting a hooker in Jounieh LOL Money talks

• Feb 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I have just been in Beirut - literally got back 2 weeks ago - and the servees fare in 2000 LL!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2010 at 1:30 AM

This is a excelllent page on Beirut. You tell everything in a good point of view. I liked so much and Beirut is in my travel list for spring 2010. best wishes from Istanbul.bora

• May 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM

excellent and thoroughly entertaining!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Now THAT'S a tip worth printing out! It is always good to know where hospitals are. Especially when you are nearing 70 and riding a scooter. thanks

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Happy Birthday from NYC!

• azizada's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2008 at 5:17 PM

this place was amazing too... it was like our second home too.....we used to ditch classes in the university and just go hang out there.... too bad it closed and the whole biulding was demolished now

• Jul 9, 2007 at 3:42 AM

nice pages on ur home county. I liked the way u described it. Very Passionate and expressive.

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 5:02 AM

Very nice page about Beirut and excellent pics. I really hope I can visit your home city one day.

miso80 Used To Live Here!

miso80

“I haven't been everywhere but its on my list”

Badges & Stats in Beirut