"Home sweet home :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut by miso80
Beirut Travel Guide: 924 reviews and 1,814 photos
Lebanon! My country and home :-) I must say, I have been most unfair in leaving this page empty up til now...But, after checking out a lot of the other VT members pages on Beirut and the whole of Lebanon...I have decided that I had a duty to fulfill.
The sun is rising on yet another day over this beautiful city of mine...what will this day bring? This may not be the most known country in the world...but to me it is home...and to many it is such a beautiful place to visit...and to live. Lebanon is a mixture of the old and the new: culture, heritage, history...and modern day life: fashion, restaurants, life-style, night life, etc.
In my pages, I'll try to give you an accurate description of what it is like to visit this little country in the Middle East, and what it is like to live here.. Hope it will be useful :-) Enjoy!
The first picture that comes to my mind when I am travelling outside of Lebanon..and I close my eyes and think of home - I imagine the sea: wild in winter..green, blue..every shade there is to imagine..and warm, calm, peaceful and such a beautiful hue in the summer! I can feel the warm sun on my face...or smell the rain on the wet soil... oooh! How I love this place, this land!
Such a combination of beautiful weather (you get to experience every season)...delicious food (ask anyone)...culture and history (whether its the hippodrome of Tyre, the grand Baalbeck, the romantic Byblos...)...the modern day life and the nightlife (we just love to have fun)...The list is endless ;)
Beirut is one of the most diverse cities of the Middle East, as it is shared by Christians, Muslims, Druze, and previously Jews (who predominantly emigrated to the US when the Civil war broke).
In this small spot of land, around 18 different sects have called it home. It once led us to war...but today, we believe that it is this diversity that makes our county so rich...so unique.
Walk down the streets of downtown Beirut...and see the towering Minarets, and hear the church bells jingle...they are standing side-by-side and they have their doors wide open - ready to embrace whoever wishes to be embraced!
- Pros:We have it ALL ;-)
- Cons:Come here with no prejudices or assumptions...or you'll never fit in.
- In a nutshell:The place to be!
Zaatar (Thyme & sesame seeds), Gibnee (Cheese - Halloumi or Mozarella), Vegetables or a mix...The manouche, mankouche or... more travel advice
This is the headquarters for the #1 Lebanese Bank, Bank Audi...Its a beautiful building located in the downtown district... more travel advice
- See All For Budget Travellers
- See All A Nice Lunch at the 'Market'
- See All Rent A Car
- See All MALE ONLY: Be WARE!
Written May 18, 2006
Beirut...many, Many years ago
Written May 17, 2006
What's to become...The Garden Of Forgiveness
Written Jun 16, 2008
First Beirut VT Meet ..or mini-meet :)
Written Dec 19, 2006
Waterfall in Beysour River - Lebanon 2006
miso80's Related Pages
Beirut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beirut - بيروت"
- "Home sweet home :-)"
- "**********MY HOME**********"
- "Beyrouth - the capital of Lebanon"
- "Beirut -a phoenix risen from the ashes"
- "BEIRUT - Independent - Free and - United"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beirut
- Hotels in Beirut
- Transportation in Beirut
- Nightlife in Beirut
- Restaurants in Beirut
- Shopping in Beirut
- Warnings and Dangers in Beirut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beirut
- 58 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Beirut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beirut
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 58 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tyre Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Warwick Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos