"HMMMMMM MIXED FEELINGS" Carlow by jacquitabanana

Carlow Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 49 photos

PRETTY, COMPACT BUT LOCALS NOT SO SURE

I've just returned from a night in Carlow with 4 work mates.
We thought it would be fun to go for a night and dress in crazy costumes
for our friends birthday. we had a pleasant meal sitting back in the sun at a restaurant be the river 'Italian Connection', food ok.
Then went back and changed into our nutty attire.
We went to THE FOUNDRY were first the bouncers done a rude NO STEP OUT OF THE LINE, YOUR TOO YOUNG ( em ages 20 to 27)
Eventually we charmed our way in as it was apparently the only real club.
The night was spent with our patience being drained from the pit of us by jealous spiteful girls & sad guys who can't grab attention other pulling off our wigs and grabbing at my lovely tutu.
I expected this place to be great fun, its a dump. and 80% of the crowd are not friendly, in fact hostile. The rest were lovely and enjoyed the fun side of our outfits. during the day we strolled into a pub (dressed normally)
and had half the pub turn to stare. I know we are pretty ha ha.
Now I know alot of country people have a problem with Dubs, But they should really get over it, get out of there cliquey ways and get a life.
Itry to take breaks all over Ireland and try to promote places but this time its a big fat, hell no don't bother.
A place where a guy will pull a wig off my head and throw it at me does not tick any of my boxes.
Our Hostel OTTERHOLT RIVERSIDE LODGE is the only really hostel there and its digraceful. Dirty dodgy and just plain horrible.
The only thing Carlow would be good for is a couple staying in a nice hotel having a few quiet drinks.
Needless to say we had our own fun and I hope the photo shows that.
Can't say more about the place as I'll never return if i can help it.

• Last visit to Carlow: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2006

Comments

jacquitabanana

“the world is my oyster and I gonna eat it”

Badges & Stats in Carlow