"Dallas, our new Home Town" Dallas by morochaargentina

Dallas Travel Guide: 1,351 reviews and 2,487 photos

Moving to Dallas

For the longest time, my husband wanted to move to Dallas. We've visited several times and I never really love it. Then our work brought us here. In 2009 we traveled back and forth several times, we ended up staying 96 nights in Dallas hotels! So at the end of 2009 we decided to get a corporate apartment here... and in the process, I felt in love with the city!

Now, I can totally understand why my husband wanted to live here so badly! First of all, the temperature! Moving from Maine to Texas, you can only LOVE the lack of snow and cold weather... and even if I miss New England in summer... I really don't miss the snow (we'll be back for the Holidays, so we'll have a white Christmas!)

Then the people, Texans are so friendly! It feels like I am a child again, making new friends super fast...

And then, of course: The Museums, The Opera, The Bars and Restaurants, The live Music, The open mic night, the Comedians, The Theatre, The Trails, The Shopping! As they say, everything is bigger in Texas! And I'm loving it!

Bottom line, Dallas is a big city with TONS of things to do and to see. I love the fact that there is always something to try. I hope I can give you some good ideas for your next trip...

Breweries

One things that Dallas is lacking is small breweries. I guess the law here doesn't allow (or make it very difficult) bars to make and sell beer in the same place (silly laws!) The 2 places that get away with it (and serve some GREAT beers)
* Gordon Biersch
* BJ's

BUT to compensate that missing spot, there are plenty of places that sell AMAZING brews from Belgium and small USA breweries... Here's my list, in no particular order:

The Common Table (our FAVORITE place for beer in Dallas)
Meddlesome Moth
The Libertine Bar
The Old Monk
Flying Saucer
Capitol Pub
The Ginger Man
Vickery Park
Amsterdan Bar

And it will keep growing, since D magazine recommended 2 places that we haven't tried YET! (The Holy Grail Pub and Eno's Pizza Tavern)

I will write one review for each one! Stay tunned :) In the meantime: Cheers!!!
Paula

• Last visit to Dallas: Oct 2010
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2012

Comments

morochaargentina Lives Here!

morochaargentina

“Be a traveller, not a tourist”

Badges & Stats in Dallas