"Bangkok" Bangkok by morochaargentina

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,366 reviews and 23,038 photos

My 1st Time in Bangkok (2009)

Before I can start talking about bars, restaurants and hotels in Bangkok, I should talk about the city itself. Coming here was a last minute surprise. I know that most of the travelers take their time to research their next location but that is not our case. We travel for work, we go where we get paid to go… and once we get there we learn to enjoy it! To be perfectly honest with you, Bangkok was never in my “to see list”… you know the list, the places where for some reason, you HAVE to see before you quick the bucket… I feel embarrassed by that comment; I should have added Bangkok to my list a long time ago! What a beauty! Once my husband find out that we were coming to Bangkok, we decided to stay for a month in the area. We changed our plans several time, and we ended up 20 days in Bangkok and 10 days in the Phuket beaches. So let’s say that I can tell you a thing or two about Bangkok… Since we changed plans several times, we ended staying in 5 different hotels… you can check out my preferences from 1 to 5.

2nd time in "The City Of Angels"

We come back to Bangkok (this time for ONLY 10 days, plus 10 days in the beach) Since we didn't feel we had to do all the "must do", we really had a great time sitting down and enjoying the city... Plus I come up with a few "lists" for 1st time visitors as well!

This time, we stayed in 2 different hotels and they are both my new FAVORITE hotel in Bangkok (The Rembrandt Hotel) and my LEAST favorite hotel in BKK (that is the airport code for Bangkok by the way) (Unico Express Hotel = THE worst!)

• Pros:Friendly people
  • Cons:Too far away from the US
  • In a nutshell:Amazing temples, massages and shopping
  • Last visit to Bangkok: Feb 2012
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2012

Comments

morochaargentina Visits Here Frequently!

morochaargentina

“Be a traveller, not a tourist”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok